32 - I'm sorry but I can't really be mad at you

Gaara's pov

I was walking with Shinigami and she was looking up at the sky. I watched her and noticed that she looked beautiful with her hair out. And the flower crown just complements her features. She looked over at me and I kept staring at her. She smiled and a little bot of red formed on her cheeks. She looked away and around them. I saw her staring at something, iy was a teddy bear. Honestly, it reminded me of my teddy bear. The one I used to carry around when I was a child. I still have it actually, it helps me cope somehow.

I held her hand and dragged her into the store. She seemed surprised. "Gaara? Why are you draging me into the store?" She asked me. "I'm gonna get you the teddybear you keep staring at." I said to her as we walked in. She smiled at me. "It's okay, you don't need to get it for me." She said as her face turned a bit red. I was still confused to why that happens. I took the bear she was looking at and paid for it before dragging her out of the store again.

I gave it to her and she smiled. "Thank you Gaara, I really appreciate it." She said smiling at me. I nodded. "I wanna talk to you about something. Let's find somewhere private to talk." Sh said to me. We walked towards an open area that she said was her training grounds. There was a small river next to it, this was where I saw her before.

Shinigami's pov

"Gaara. I wanted to talk about what you said at the hospital." I said quietly. He looked over at me. "When you were talking about your purpose to live." I said as I looked at him. "What about it?" He asked.

"Do you really think that your purpose to live is killing people?" I asked him. He nodded. "Yes, and you are too." He said. I hugged him and felt him tense. "I'm sorry I couldn't be there for you earlier Gaara." I said to him quietly. He started to relax a bit and hugged me as well. I smiled. "Why're you apologizing?" He asked her slightly confused.

"I just wish I'd met you sooner. I don't...really like the thought of you killing people. I know what you were trying to do to Lee." I said quietly as I looked at him. He looked...worried. "Are you...mad at me?" He asked me quietly. My eyes widen. "No I'm not mad I just...don't want you to kill anyone unless it's necessary. Your purpose isn't to kill Gaara, you'll find it soon I promise." I said smiling a bit.

"Why aren't you mad at me? I'm so confused. Shouldn't you be mad at me? Why aren't you mad?" He asked, looking at me. "I'm sorry Gaara, but I can't be mad at you, not over this atleast. To get me mad at you, you'd have to do a lot." I said smiling. He hugged me tighter. "P-Promise that you won't leave m-me alone." He said quietly. I smiled a bit. "I promise Gaara." I said to him quietly. We stayed like that for a while. "As much as I don't want to I have to leave soon. I need to meet up with my team." Gaara said to me. I nodded. "That's alright. Can I walk with you to where your team is meeting?" I asked him. He nodded.

We stood up and I started to walk with him. We didn't speak but we did walk in a peaceful silence. I held his hand and smiled at him. He gave me a slight smile before going back to his neutral expression. I saw his team amd they seem to not see us yet. They see us as we get closer and are clearly shocked. I let go if Gaara's hand and smiled at him. "Goodbye Gaara, I'll see you around." I said as I waved bye and I walked off.

Gaara's pov

I saw her wave and walk away as she did. I watched her until she was out of site. I walked over to my team, who all had shocked faces. "What?" I said coldy to them. "You sound know what we came here to do Gaara. You aren't here to make friends, besides how do you think she'll feel after you destroy her village. Snap out of it and focus on the mission." He said quietly so know one around them would hear.

I was glaring at him. 'I could care less about that. I want Shinigami. She's the first person to ever care about me since...my uncle. And he never actually cared about me. Is it possible that...she's just doing this out of pity? What if she was doing this to mess with me? No no no no no no....she's...sh-she's different right? She said there was a reason...but what is it? I-I'll trust her. Yes, I'll trust her...I can trust her....' I thought to myself. I looked away from him. "What do you want?" I asked my sensei. "I want everyone to make sure that they're ready for tomorrow. You seem to be distracted and you can't be. So you're gonna stay with us for today and focus." He said to me. I didn't react. I didn't care too much.

"Shut up, you talk to much. Keep speaking and I'll kill you." I said to him as I give him a blank stare. He seems to be slightly scared but tries to shake it off. I hate them....I hate that look....but, I also don't want to kill anyone, cause I don't want Shinigami to hate me.

"I'm sorry Gaara, but I can't be mad at you," I think of those words and felt a bit more calm for some reason. Alright...I'll calm down for now. She meant what she said...I hope.

A/N - I hope you enjoyed thus chapter. It's a bit shorter then my usual ones but I still hope that you enjoyed it.