19 - Wanna hang out for a bit?

⚠⚠⚠*Ahem* Cringe Warning

Narrator's pov

Shinigami waited for Gaara and saw him walking towards her. She looked at him and smiled a bit. He stopped by her. "What did you wanna ask me?" Gaara looked at her. "It was about what you did with my sand, how did you turn it into a rock? Or make it rock like?" He asked.

"Hm, I don't mind to show our tell you but not around so many people. C'mon let's go somewhere else." Shinigami said as she held his hand without thinking and dragged him somewhere.

He was suprised that his sand didn't stop her from touching him, but followed her anyways. She brought him to one of the training grounds and smiled as no one was around. "So, you asked how I turned your sand into a rock, well it's pretty simple. I just mix the right particles together, in the right places." She said smiling.

He took some of his sand out of his gourd. "Can you move the sand then?" He asked her. She shrugged. "Somewhat, but I hit myself in the face on accident the first time I tried." She mumbled as she blushed in embarrassment. Without Gaara knowing he smiled a bit. "So you can move it, but not control it well." He said. She nodded and looked at him. She blushed more as she saw him smiling. He looked at her confused as he stopped smiling. "Why is your face so red?" He asked making her blush more. "S-Stop." She said in embarrassment as she covered her face.

"Stop what?" He asked. She shook her head. "N-Nevermind." She said. "Do you wanna...hang out for a bit? Or train of you want to do that instead?" She asked him awkwardly.m "Hang out?" He asked quietly, kinda confused of what she meant.

"I'm asking if you want to do something with me. We could play in the park, do a few harmless pranks, or we could just walk around the Village and talk." She said happily. He nodded slowly as he started to understand. "I see. Why would you want to do a prank though?" He asked.

Shinigami smiled a bit. "It's fun." She said and shrugged. "Maybe a walk would be okay." He said. She smiled brightly and nodded. "Sure, we can get to know each other better." She said as she started to walk away happily. Gaara followed her.

As they began to walk around the Village, shine people stared and whispered as they looked at the both of them. Gaara was confused and noticed the stares. It reminded him of the stares people would give him in the sands village. Shinigami looked at Gaara and noticed how he was focused on the stares of other people around them.

She sighed. "Don't worry, they aren't looking at you." She mumbled as she tried her best to not pay attention to them. He looked at her. "Who are they looking are then?" He asked. She looked down and answered him. "Me." He was confused to why they would be looking at her but didn't ask any more questions. They both walked around the village and talk to each other some more.

They decided to do some traing before they parted ways, so they went to the training grounds, holding hands. She was smiling a lot and he had a small smile. "So, how was your guys date?" Momoku asked as Shizuka and her laughed at the fact that Shinigami and Gaara were holding hands. Her face instantly went pink and she yelled at them. "It was not a date! We were just hanging out a bit!" I yell with a red face.

Gaara seemed completely lost and looked at Shinigami. "Why is your face so red again?" He asked as he put his hand on her face. Her eyes widened and she blushed more. Shizuka and Momoku were laughing the entire time. "I-It's not." She whined as she pulled her head from his hand and blushed more.

Gaara seemed confused but didn't think much of it. "Right, not a date." Momoku said smirking as Shizuka wiggled her eyebrows. Shinigami glared art the both of them. "Just you two wait." She mumbled. They laughed at her glare and sighed."Well we'll leave now you alone, for now." Shinigami rolled her eyes. "Yeah, Yeah. Whatever." She mumbled. "We'll you two love birds alone. Just do anything, dirty." Momoku said as her and Shizuka walked away. That comment made Shinigami a blushing mess and she looked at the ground. Gaara looked at Momoku and Shizuka confused as they walked away. "Love birds?" He questioned out loud. Shinigami looked up at him. "L-Let's just start training." She mumbled as her face was still red.

Gaara's pov

I was confused on what they meant but for some reason my chest hurt from before. Where my heart is, it hurts from when Shinigami pushed my hand away when I was trying to see if she was okay. It reminded me of what...uncle Yashamaru said. He said something about that this pain hurts worse then physical pain...I hate this feeling.

I seemed to be zoneing out since Shinigami was waving her hand infront of my face. I looked at her and she looked...worried? No, she wouldn't be worried about me. No one is. Only...only mother cares for me. Only mother.

"Gaara. What's wrong? Are you okay?" Shinigami asked me. I looked at her. "Why do you care?" I asked. It came off more rude then I meant it too. She flinched at my tone as frowned. "I was just worried...I figured that you were having what that say said get too your head without understand what they meant. I just wanted to make sure that you were alright and just know that they didn't mean anything negative by it." She said quietly.

"Sorry." I said quietly not thinking she'd hear me. Shinigami looked up at me, clearly confused. "Sorry for what?" She asked. I looked at her expression. "For speaking in the tone I spoke to you in. I'm sorry. I know that you were only trying to help me." I said quietly before looking down.

I heard her giggle and I thought that she was laughing at me. I looked up at her but her eyes were different. They looked different from all the other eyes that looked at me with hatred and fear. Her eyes showed joy, kindness, caring, and...love. I haven't seen that in a long time and I couldn't help but focus on her eyes until she started to speak again. "You don't need to apologize Gaara, it's fine. It just shocked me a bit. You don't need to apologize." She said quietly, smiling.

I felt my face heat up but didn't know why. It went away soon but I still never understood what happened. "Thank you Shinigami." I said quietly. She smiled at me. "No, thank you Gaara. Thank you for being my friend and hanging out with me today." She said happily. I smiled a bit. "Well, let's get some training in before sunset." She said happily. I nodded and smiled.

Before the sun went down we did some training with each other. To my surprise, Shikaku didn't tell me that I can't be near her or anything like that. He would usually say that I shouldn't be near people but I guess I'll just ask him later. She showed me how to quickly sort the sand so I could learn how to make them into rocks and I helped her to control the sand more. We both needed a lot more work and practice.

When sunset came we stopped training. I frowned a bit since I enjoyed our time together. She went up to me and hugged me. I never hugged someone before, but I liked it. I slowly hugged her back. "I never hugged someone before." I said quietly making her giggle. "Well get used to it, cause I'm gonna be hugging you a lot." She said as she gave me a bright smile. We soon had to say our goodbyes and left. I decided that I would talk to my useless siblings and ask them about these feelings I'm dealing with. I'll also need to ask Shukaku why he let me around her.

A/N - So this took a long time to do. Longer then necessary and I apologize for that. But this next the thing is important. For the next chapter do you want it to be Gaara talking to his siblings, and Shikaku. Or just continue the chunnin exams. I hope at least a few people answer this because this is for which ever you want abd which you think is best. Anyways, I hope you enjoyed this chapter. If you did please vote for it. Bye bye readers.