34 - My broken village and an Uzumaki history lesson.

Shinigami's pov

It was now night time. Some places in the village were still intact. I stayed with Naruto in the hospital. They said I was aloud to which I thanked them for. I wanted to stay with Naruto right now.

I felt horrible when they said Lord third died. I knew that he would die but...I feel like I could've done something. But then again I couldn't. It would've made a drastic difference. I can't save certain people. It can make a huge difference in the storyline. I at least wished that I was able to thank lord third.

The funerals for the shinobis lives that were lost along with the thrid Hokage is gonna be in a few days. I already knew before I was told, obviously. I would tell Naruto when he wakes up. I think I'll sleep for a bit first though.

I went next to Naruto and smiled at him I held his hand and sighed. I ended up falling asleep.

Naruto's pov

I woke up and my head was hurting a bit. I felt a hand in mine and saw Shinigami next to me. She was asleep. I smiled a bit and rubbed my head. The last thing I remember was telling her to not carry me and that I can do it on my own. I sat up and looked around. It looked like I was in the hospital but I wasn't sure. I felt movement and saw Shinigami moving around. She sat up and yawned. "Oh, sorry if I woke you up." I said as I gave her a smile. She smiled at me. "It's fine. Are you feeling okay?" She asked me.

I nodded. "Yes, I feel great. What happened when I was asleep?" I asked her. Her smile faded and turned into a frown. "Well, when I cane back from helping you, the fighting had already stopped. Lots of Shinobi lives werelost, from both the sand and leaf village. But..." She trailed off and I lookd at her confused. "But what?" I asked.

"Lord third is dead as well." She said quietly. My eyes widened when she said that. "W-What?" I didn't believe that. Or more like I didn't want to believe it. There's no way gramps is dead. "I'm sorry Naruto, I know that you really cared for gramps. I didn't even get to tell him for taking care off you when I couldn't." She mumbled the last part. I hugged her and she hugged me back. I cried a bit. "It isn't your fault no need to apologize Shini." I said to her. We stayed like that for a bit. She told me that we had to leave so when we got ourselves together we left. She walked towards the mountain with the hokage faces on it and we eventually goy to the top. Shimigami sat on the fourth hokages head as I sat on the third. She was looking over the village and she looked sad, really sad. I don't blame her though, the village looks so...broken.

Authors pov

"Naru?" Shinigami asked as she stared at the sky. "Yeah Shini?" Naruto answered her. She looked at him. "Do you...do you think that the third hokage is the only person that knew who our parents were?" I asked him. I knew that Jiraya and Kakashi knew but I wanted to here what Naruto thought. He shrugged. "I don't know if he was the only person but he probably told anyone else who knew to not tell us." He said as he groaned on frustration. "What do you think our parents are like?" Naruto asked as helaid back and looked over at her.

She smiled. "I bet they were kind and strong. And overall amazing." She said to him. He nodded. "Maybe one of them has a temper though, you can get mad easily." He mumbled. She looked over at him. "I don't get mad easily, I just have certain trigures." She mumbled. "How do you think they looked like?" He asked. "Well one of them had to have blonde hair and one had to have blue eyes. But I think the other might've had red hair." She said to him.

Naruto looked confused. "Why red hair?" He asked her. "Well I found a book based off of Uzumaki's in the hokage building and it said that Uzumaki's had red hair, so one of our parents most likely had red hair as well." She explained. Naruto still looked confused but she didn't explain it again. "Uh, what else was in the book?" He asked her. "Well, apparently the Uzumaki's were always the vessel to hold the nine tails. The first hokages wife was the first vessel for the nine tails and was an Uzumaki. The book said that when she died she gave it to a survivor from the Uzumaki massacre." She explained to him. "Uzumaki massacre?" He asked her. "Yeah, the Uzumaki clan used to live in the village Hidden in the rain. Their home turned into a war zone and Uzumaki's were killed in the process of the second great Ninja war." She said sadly. Naruto looked down. "It's kinda rare to see an Uzumaki, but soon it'll probably be rare to see an Uzumaki with red hair." She said smiling at him. "We'll rebuild our clan don't worry." She said. He smiled at her. "Yeah, your right we will." He said happily as they both bumped fist together.

A/N - I hope you enjoyed this chapter. Sorry if it was short but I actually really enjoyed wrighting this one. I hoped you enjiyed reading and if you did I'd appreciate it if you voted.