33) ...led to sticky situations.

I ran as fast as my legs could carry me. I wanted to put as much room between Randy and I as possible. Staying there any longer would have gotten me sick.

My lungs burned and my eyes watered, but eventually I made it there.

"Eleanor?! Goddammit girl, we've been looking all over for you!" a familiar voice rang out from the entrance to the hospital. I turned and nearly broke down at the sight of Jeremy and Bucky with worried looks on their faces.

"Jere...Buck..." I whimpered, holding them in my arms. They were no doubt confused about the whole situation. I clutched Bucky even tighter than Jeremy when the thought of his safety popped into my mind. I'd rather die for him than have him lose his life for me.

"Eleanor...Bucky told me..." Jere muttered, wrapping his arms around me. I bit back tears of relief at those few words. He knew! Thank god, he knew!

"He wouldn't listen to me so I went and found that guy you came in with. He went crazy and ran off looking for you. That's when I realized he was Mike and that guy from the hospital room was a fake!" Bucky explained, hugging me just as tight as his brother.

"You did what?!" I asked, prying off his hands and holding him tightly an arms length away. With surprised, wide eyes he looked up at me in confusion. "H-he left?!"

"Y-yeah? I think he went looking for you. Why?" he asked, looking up at his brother who looked absolutely disgusted. "No, no, no!" I whimpered, running my fingers through my hair in exasperation. How could this be happening?

Just then, a buzzing interrupted my disbelief and filled me with dread. I pulled my vibrating phone out of my back pocket and swallowed at the sight of an unnamed contact calling me. Paranoia began to form in the back of my head as it continued to ring.

"Aren't you gonna answer that?" Jeremy asked, raising an eyebrow in slight confusion. "Uh...y-yeah." I whimpered, unlocking my phone and putting it to my ear.

"Um...h-hello?" I asked, gripping the phone tightly in my grasp. I was half expecting Randy to be on the other end but practically sighed with relief when I heard a familiar voice.

"Eleanor? Is that you?" Mike asked, his voice slightly urgent. I relaxed and sighed into the electronic. "Yeah...it's me."

"Thank god. For a second there I thought Zamora gave me the wrong number." He sighed, no doubt smiling a little. Warmth slowly began to build in my cheeks at the realization of what he'd done.

"W-wait. Did you...did you ask my sister for my phone number? How'd you know I had my phone in the first place?" I asked dumbly. Mike chuckled slightly, sighing against the receiver. I closed my eyes and relaxed at the sound of his comforting voice.

"Bucky told me Randy showed up with your phone...and I did ask your sister for your number." He chuckled, no doubt smiling again. "Of course, she put up a fight with some nasty curse words I'm too ashamed to even think about repeating."

"I'm a few blocks away from the hospital. I'll be there in a minute." He said, trying to end the conversation. I wanted to end it too but I had one last thing to ask.

"Did you run into Randy?"

"What!? N-no!" He snapped quickly. It didn't take me long to figure out he was lying to me. I shook my head and bore my gaze into the pavement.

"Mike, stop lying to me. Did he tell you..." I trailed off, biting my lip in worry. I could hear him cursing silently on the other end but then he stopped making noise. "Mike?"

"I need to get over there to make sure you're okay." He grumbled, brushing off the comment I had just made. Before he could hang up I intervened.

"I'm fine Mike. Please don't go out of your way to..." I sighed, looking over my shoulder to see Bucky and Jeremy talking to each other. "I wanna go home."