13) ...a heart of metal.

"Well that was a waste of my phone battery." I muttered as I picked up my dead phone. Mike gave an awkward shrug as the two of us slowly stood up from off of the floor. "You okay?" Mike said, steadying me from falling on the floor. Taking the brunt of Chica's weight had really done a number to my abdomen, which ached with the promise of bruises for tomorrow.

"Well...if you count being squished underneath a heavy ass robot as okay...then I'm just dandy!" I grumbled, wincing in pain that Mike couldn't and would never understand. "I'm sorry to hear that. It's...my fault all of this happened anyway."

"What are you talking about?" I asked, looking up at him in confusion. 

"Well...I...uh." he mumbled, fiddling with his fingers. "I...I saw you sitting near the stage and I was...I didn't want to...I was scared. I-I couldn't...I couldn't..."

"Hey!" I shrugged, giving him a small smile and a slight punch on the arm. "I didn't die did I? So all's good."

"Really?" he asked, looking at me with slight confusion. I nodded and attempted to pull my headphones from around my neck. "The hell did my headphones go? I never take them off." 

"Didn't Chica tackle you?" Mike suggested, his electric blue eyes obviously not liking the idea at all.

"Yeah...you're right." I smirked, dashing out into the hallway. I could practically hear Mike's cursing echoeing in the hall.

* * * *

"There are my headphones." I sighed with relief as I trotted onto the stage. Mike was calling my name and telling me to stay back but I shrugged him off. Chica looked the exact same as before except for the white SONY headphones draped across her neck.

"Wow. I never knew animatronics had a use for headphones." I smirked, glaring into her violet pink eyes. She was staring back...and she was enraged. "I'm so sorry sweetheart, but white really isn't your color. Here. Let me take those off of your hands." I smiled, reaching for the headphones.

To my surprise Chica's eyes went pitch black with white pinprick irises. I could hear creaking and squeaking as if she was trying to force herself to move. I swallowed and smirked as odd courage seemed to fill me. "Why so mad Chica? I'm not going to hurt you."

Chica leaned slightly foward, opening her jaw some as if she wanted to bite me. "You know what?" I asked, suddenly getting an odd idea. On my wrist was an old charm bracelet that Zamora had gotten me on my sixteenth birthday.

"How would you like a trade? After all, you won those fair and square." I smiled, undoing the clasp of the bracelet and waving it in front of her face.  She stopped moving her jaw and her eyes regained some color as I showed her the jewelry, but I could tell she wasn't thoroughly impressed.

"I've had it since I was sixteen. Now I'm nineteen and I don't really need it anymore." I spoke quietly, fastening the circlet around her petite wrist. "Each one of these charms was given to me on my birthday. Each one is special in someway. I hope you enjoy it more than I did."

Chica's eyes went back to their original color and she seemed to stand up straighter. I smiled and leaned up on my tippy-toes to slip the headphones away from her neck. This time she didn't show any sort of hesitation to give them to me. Before I could back away from Chica I glanced over at Bonnie and Freddy who didn't seem to care about what I was doing.

"Hey." I smiled, looking at her one last time. "You keep them out of trouble, okay? Okay."

With that I hopped off the stage with an errant smile plastered on my face. Mike looked absolutely mortified and was gaping at what I had just done like a fish. I smirked and looked back to Chica who seemed to be...smiling.

"Never underestimate a heart of metal."

A/N:

So...yeah...I did that. I just wanted Ellie to show that she's totally not afraid of the animatronics unlike Mike who would rather cry than face them. Comment and like for more!

-Gberryb