52) ...hear me...

Soft. Warm. Not moving. She lay there in his arms.

Her name is Eleanor Rosalie Bates.

His name is Ronan Demetri Scylla.

Eleanor is me.

What have I done?

* * * *

"Am I dead?" I asked, glancing upwards at him. He nodded and tussled my hair.

Hollow.

That's how I felt.

No emotion. Just cold facts. He knew that too.

"Don't worry about it." He sighed, "Now I have time to explain."

"Good." I said flatly, closing my eyes to listen. "Tell me. I want to know."

"I'm not sure you do." He sighed, shaking his head softly.

"I want to and I will. So, tell me." I stated plainly, giving him a frown.

He gave me a blank stare, shifting uncomfortably against me. I knew this was going to be hard for me as well as him.

"You are going to tell me the truth, right?" I cooed while giving him a sidelong glance. He nodded and gave me a reassuring smile that I couldn't help but return.

What do you want to know first?

"Hmm...why do you always look like Mike? Is it so I'll trust you more?"

Yes and no. It's true that you'll trust me more if I look like someone you know but that's not why I appear like this.

"Then why do it?"

I do it because I feel it represents who I am. Let me explain.

Since I'm not human I can look however I want to you mortals. That means I get to create...an avatar? Well, it represents me but it doesn't look anything like me in reality.

"What would you look like in reality?"

Probably a pile of gross broken bones and a little bit of dried meat.

I looked at him in disgust and he snickered with amusement.

Sorry, but being dead gives you a morbid sense of humor.

"Yeah. I can tell."

Anyway, I decided to look like Mike because I think he represents me pretty well. I mean, all I've wanted to be is normal and Mike, well, he's as normal as it gets. Maybe I just want to be alive again. It felt so good to be in control and give Randy that beating.

"I forgot you were possessing him. Is it hard to do that?"

Not really. The host just has to be willing or else it won't work. It's kinda like a handshake between souls. I don't know. It was weird.

"Sounds like it." I giggled, "But...why? Why any of this?"

Heh. I guess a vague question like that is a good place to start.

"Okay then. Why is everyone always so violent towards me in reality and in my dreams when they constantly tell me they 'don't want to hurt me'?"

Ronan gave a deep sigh that entitled a mounting frustration.

This is going to take a lot of explaining. Are you sure you want to know?

"Yes! I want to know!"

Okay...how to start? Oh, got it!

All humans have souls. So, when my friends and I died...our souls were trapped in the animatronics. That's pretty basic information, so let me continue.