57) It...

"Hey Jerebear." I smiled, standing in front of him. I tried to keep the conversation light but he wasn't helping. "What's up?"

"Nothing." He frowned. "Shouldn't you be hanging out with your boyfriend?"

I felt my jaw drop at the harsh, accusing tone he took on.

Wait, boyfriend?

I mean, technically Mike and I were now dating but we hadn't really discussed if we were of not. I just kind of figured we weren't, but I wasn't sure.

"Mike's not my boyfriend. Is that what you're thinking?" I blushed, taking a glance over at Macy and Mike. The two were chatting amiably and enjoying each other's company.

"Isn't it obvious?" he grumbled, shooting me a nasty look. "You care more about him than you do about your own family. Do you remember that time when you promised not to abandon us?"

"Is that how you feel? Jeremy, I love you and Bucky both! Why are you acting like I don't?" I squeaked, looking into his eyes. They were stormy again.

"I know you do, but you're running off with some random stranger. I'm worried for you." He said, placing a hand on my shoulder. "I'm worried something might happen to you."

"Wh-what? Nothing bad's going to happen to me. I trust Mike just as much as I trust you." I said, wiping away his hand.

"That's what I'm afraid of, El. You trust him but you don't know what he's capable of."

"Are you saying that Mike might hurt me?"

Jeremy gave me a dejected look. His green eyes agreeing to the comment while his face didn't want to give anything away. I knew his answer.

"I'm disappointed in you Jere. I really thought better of you." I pouted. Tears began to prick in the corners of my eyes. "I thought you and Mike could be..."

"What? Friends?" He answered for me. "Are you fucking stupid? I'd never be friends with someone like him. Haven't we already had a conversation like this?!"

I backpedaled, wrapping my arms around me for comfort. I wasn't scared but I was upset. Jeremy was family and it was obvious he didn't approve of Mike. This was what I was afraid of the most.

"Look Jere. I love you and I love Bucky. That'll never change." I said, feeling my heart swell with true emotions. "I also care about Mike."

"Do you love him?" Jeremy spat, balling up his fists. It was obvious he didn't want the typical answer.

I wasn't going to give him one either.

"I don't know."

"What do you mean you 'don't know'?"

"Exactly what I said."

The two of us glared at one another but I was telling the truth. The both of us knew it too.

"I don't know if I love Mike. I'm not sure if I ever will. But I know I will ALWAYS love you and Buck." I bit my bottom lip a suppressed more tears. "I know you'll always be there when I need it. So, if something does happen, I'll tell you first."

"Alright." Jeremy sighed. His expression was neutral so I couldn't tell how he was feeling, but I could sense his relief. "Just try to stay out of trouble."

"Okay."

"I don't need another person getting hurt." He sighed, ruffling my small amount of hair. "Also, nice haircut. I think it suits you better."

"Thanks."

A/N:

The next few chapters are going to be really short.

-Gberryb