14) Do you ever...

"Hey um...I forgot to tell you something." Mike said as we walked across the parking lot and over to the employee parking. I looked up at him to show I was listening before he began again.

"Uhm...when you turn your phone on, you might wanna check through your videos. The tablet automatically syncs all footage onto any device plugged into it."

"It does what?!" I blurted, letting my feet stop moving. A second later I jogged up to Mike who stood a couple paces in front of me. "So you mean to tell me that if I look on my phone, I'm going to have a bunch of videos with demonic Bonnie staring at the camera?"

"Uh...probably. But you can still delete them." Mike shrugged, twirling his car keys on his fingers. I sighed in defeat before splitting away from Mike. I fished my car keys from my pocket and began to try to unlock my car before a voice sounded from a few cars away.

Startled, I weaved through a couple of cars before finding Mike on his knees. My jaw dropped at the sight of blood on his shirt. "Mike...?" I trailed off, letting my eyes drift down to the lump in his arms. He looked up at me and shook his head before he stood up.

"A puppy...oh god." I realized, stepping closer to get a good look at it. 

"I-I think it was hit by a car." Mike trembled, holding the puppy even closer to him before. I let my fingers slowly pet it's head, only to pull away in disgust. Blood was smeared across my fingers, reminding me of the traumatic nightmare I'd had last night.

"W-we need to get him to the vet." I whimpered, letting my eyes look around frantically for anything calming. Mike nodded and held the puppy even closer to his chest, smearing it's blood on his shirt. I whimpered and pulled out my phone before realizing it was dead.

"H-here." Mike stammered, pulling his phone out of his pocket and handing it to me. I crinkled my nose at the sight of blood on it but began to search up a vet close to us. Meanwhile Mike was holding the puppy and trying to comfort it despite the fact it didn't seem to be moving.

"There's one right up the street." I said breathlessly, letting my eyes light up with hope. "W-we need to get there as soon as possible." Mike nodded but he seemed frantic. "W-we can take my car!"

He nodded and followed me as quickly as possible, careful not to jostle the injured pup too much. When we got to the car I panicked, realizing Mike couldn't hold him forever. "Here. Wrap him in this." I said, taking off my jacket and giving it to him.

Mike snatched my jacket and began to wrap the little dog into a bundle. I closed my eyes for a second and unlocked the doors of the car. Mike gently placed the puppy in the backseat and jumped in the passenger side. I took a deep breath before starting the car and speeding down the street.

"Shit." Mike whimpered, his eyes going wide in shock. It took me a second to recognize the low whine of a injured pup calling for it's mother. "We're almost there!" I cried, stepping on the accelerator. The hum of the car filled my ears as we speed across the asphalt, tears burning my eyes.

Not today. Please, not today. 

"We're here!" I shouted, pulling up the car to the entrance of the veteranarian's office. Mike immediately jumped out of the car, grabbed the puppy, and rushed inside. My task was to park the car but I was still on the verge of absolute panic.

I took short, quick breaths to calm myself before I did as I was supposed to do. I exited and locked the car before I slunk into the office. My body slumped into the first available chair and I slowly began to ponder the events of the the day.

Momentarily, my thoughts were interrupted by a bloody Mike as he slumped down into the chair next to me. He didn't say a word or even look at me, but I could tell there were many thoughts running through his head.