We're The Asteroid That's Overdue

"Wake up, Sunshine..." I heard. I slowly opened my eyes and looked around.

"You did it, baby. You did it." Elle said. She kissed my cheek and said, "I'm so proud of you, baby girl."

"I'm proud of myself, too." I said softly. Jessica walked over to me and sat down on my bed. She put her hand on my leg and said, "So, how are you feeling? Okay?" I nodded, and said, "I miss everyone, though."

On that cue, Evan and Alice barged through the door.

"Have you ever heard of knocking?" Jessica yelled, and I giggled. So loud. Evan ran over and hugged me tight, then said, "I'm so, so proud of you for being strong. You're truly incredible, always remember that."

"Wait, Jess." I said, and Jess looked at me.

"Yes, Sunshine?" she asked.

"What's going on with your doctor's appointment?" I asked. Jessica looked at Elle and said, "I'm going next week, Sunshine. I'm fine."

I started crying a little, then said, "I hate being home alone when you have doctors appointments. It makes me worried that you won't come home."

"Don't cry, baby girl. It's okay. I didn't know you felt that way." Elle said. "Maybe Evan could come over? Or Ryan?"

"I would love that." I said. "I want to go home, though."

"You have to wait a few more hours, baby. That's it." Elle said. She pulled out my phone and handed it to me. "Do you want to listen to music?" Elle asked. I nodded and put in my headphones.

"Wait, Cat." I heard. I took out my headphones and Evan was sitting at the foot of my bed. "I got an idea."

"What?" I asked.

"Wanna sing my favorite Seussical song with me?" Evan asked. I lit up and nodded, then said, "Wait, what song?"

"The Whos Return." Evan said, and I laughed.

"You can't run away from a sour kangaroo! Palm Beach to Pittsburgh to Kalamazoo! And you, with your egg and your tree and your nest. I'm making a sour citizen's arrest!" I sung.

"Wait, stop! Where are you taking me?" Evan asked.

"Well, Horton, we're taking you back. You're gonna be going in style. For talking to a speck and sitting on a egg, you're gonna be, gonna be, gonna be, gonna be, gonna be put on trial!" we all yelled.

"And then I yell Yopp and save the whole planet." I said.

"Is it bad that I forgot what character she plays for a second?" Evan asked, and we all laughed.

"I'm JoJo the Who. I'm a thinker, and I think thinks!" I said.

"Right." Evan said. "You're the cute innocent child."

"Isn't she always a cute innocent child?" Alice said, ruffling my hair. I smiled at my sister, and she kissed my head.

"When can we go home?" I asked.

"Soon, Sunshine. I know you miss your own room." Elle said.

"Wait a second, isn't the Nutcracker coming up?" Evan asked.

"Yep! Two weeks!" I said. "Then Seussical is in January. I'm so excited."

"Happy new year, I guess!" Jessica said. "First big event of 2015, Seussical!" I giggled, then Elle looked at the time.

"Sunshine, ready to go home?" I nodded, and Elle and I got our stuff packed up.

_______

"It feels good to be home!" I yelled, flopping on the couch.

"You deserve some relaxation time. You had a busy day." Elle said. I pulled up my shirt and looked at the scar on my stomach.

"You did it." Jessica said.

"I did, didn't I?" I said, falling into Jessica. We cuddled for a bit and Elle grabbed some potato chips.

"CHIPS!" we both yelled. I grabbed the chips from Jessica and started eating them. Jess stole them back and put them on the floor. I pouted and laid back on Jessica's lap.

Jessica stroked my hair and kissed my forehead. "I love you so much, baby Sunshine." Jessica said. Which was weird. Evan's usually the only person who calls me "baby Sunshine." I guess it's caught on.

I smiled at her, then reached over for some potato chips. Jessica swatted my hand away and said, "My chips."

"No." I said. "I was in the hospital, I deserve it."

"Fine." Jess pouted. "You can have the chips." I giggled and reached for the chips. "Thank you." I said. I took some chips and then yawned.

"Tired?" Elle asked.

"Yeah." I said. I curled up in Jessica's lap and she hugged me tight. "I love you so much, Sunshine. Thanks for being brave."

"I have a question." I said. Elle and Jess looked at me.

"Why is my nickname Sunshine?" I asked.

Elle said, "Well, I could see the glimmer of hope in your eyes, the ray of sunshine in your heart when I first met you. That's where it came from. Then, when you went to the hospital for the first time, it sort of went away. I think you knew the worst wasn't going to be over for a long time. I wanted a piece of the sunshine to always stick with you, even during the toughest times. That's why we call you Sunshine."

"Aww." I said. Elle giggled a little and hugged me. "We all love you, Sunshine. You're our sunshine girl."

"I love you guys too."

AN: I just realized I never gave you guys any background on Cat's nickname so I decided to do it in this chapter! Anyways, hope you enjoyed! Catch ya later!