44

It was the day before Atlas's birthday, meaning it was his surprise party today.

I looked through my mom's closet for the second time looking for something nice.

My mom had a lot of nice clothes, and I never cleaned her room out, so I can wear them.

It was the day of Atlas's surprise party.

"Arabella, we're gonna be late!"

"We can't be late to a restaurant that doesn't take reservations!"

I booked a large room at Moratti's for this. I invited Charlie, and when his parents found out, they asked to be there, so I couldn't say no.

How do you say no to your boyfriend's scary parents?

You don't.

This could also be a great opportunity for us to get to know each other a little more, considering they won't be confined to a dinner table forced to create small passive aggressive talk.

I need something friendly, and I can only find that in my mom's closet.

After a few minutes, I was debating between two outfits. One from mine and one from my mothers closet.

I finally chose the outfit from my closet. I threw on a fitted back turtle neck shirt with a black and white overall dress. I added mesh black tights and black combat boots.

"This is good enough," I said to myself in the mirror before quickly putting on some makeup and making sure my hair looked fine

Thankfully, everything had gone according to Plan A.

There was going to be a pizza and pasta buffet, but it was going to be fairly small. There was going to be another buffet with an endless amount Fettuccine Alfredo.

"I'm ready," I called out to Atlas and walked out. He was wearing a scarlet red shirt with black pants.

"Why do I need to need nicely? Because it's the day before your birthday, and I said so."

"Yes, ma'am."

"Let's go."

He drove to the restaurant which I was really grateful for because my hands were shaking from nervousness. He parked the car and I texted Amukta.

"Come on, I like the tables over here," I told Atlas as I dragged him
towards the room.

We walked to the dark room.

"Ara-,"

"SURPRISE!"

I looked over at Atlas's face which full of shock.

"Oh my god, wow," was all he was able to say. He looked over at me. "You set this up?" I nodded

"I asked your parents for some help and brought a couple of your friends from your old school." His eyes lit up and he looked around before his smile slightly faltered, but he covered it up.