36

We spent Sunday getting our homework done and working on college applications both of us were mainly applying to colleges which were instate for the tuition, which relieved from stress. It was a quiet day for the both of us and we went to bed early from exhaustion.

This is why I spread out my homework over the weekend last year.

I should start doing that again.

I woke up Sunday morning and reached for my phone to see the date.

A few more days until August thirty-first. I looked at Atlas to see he was still asleep.

I wasn't sure what we exactly were. Was there a label? We were together, I guess, but was he my boyfriend? I didn't know how I felt about that. It felt fast. Maybe I'd ask him in a couple weeks.

We took separate cars to school in case one of us needs to stay behind, and I liked getting to school earlier and he rushed last minute, waiting till the last minute to walk into the classroom.

I took a shower and threw on a pair of leggings and a short sleeved shirt.

I walked out to see Atlas sitting at the table, so I joined him.

Shit. I forgot to read the letter.

I was going to read it tonight.

"I have work from four to nine today," I tried to initiate conversation.

"I'll drop you off and pick you up at the café, but you're coming to school with me today."

"Alright," I agreed. "Go get ready, we're leaving in fifteen minutes."

The car ride to school was short and quiet. Both of us were exhausted from getting all of our work done yesterday. I felt like I would fall asleep in class.

We walked into AP Bio and he sat in Fred's seat. According to Cortez, we didn't have assigned seats, just assigned tables.

Fred didn't seem to mind and he sat down in the chair where Atlas sat all of last week.

"Hey isn't that Fred's seat?" Derek asked as he approached the table.

"Nah, it's just assigned tables remember?" Fred responded.

"Okay guys, you're working on your macromolecules project with your group. It's due Wednesday at 11:59, it's a slideshow. Get started."

We split the work and worked quietly for a while halfway through the period, Derek spoke up.

"Hey, Arabella."

"Yea?"

"You look pretty today," he complimented with a small smirk on his face.

"Um, thanks," I responded and went back to doing my work. From my peripheral vision, I could see Atlas glaring at him, but I don't think Derek noticed.

A few minutes later, "Hey, Arabella."

I felt Atlas's hand on my thigh as Derek called out to me.

"Mhm?" I didn't wanna say anything more as Atlas's hand started trailing higher up my thigh. His palm resting on my upper thigh, while his fingers softly brushed the fabric over my inner.

"You wanna get something to eat later today?"  Atlas's grip tightened.

"No, I have work, sorry." Atlas's hand was firmly squeezing my thigh and I squirmed in my chair.

Derek seemed to notice this.

"Oh shit, I dropped my pencil." Anyone with eyes could tell it was on purpose. "Atlas, get your hand off her thigh."