54

*(Quick A/N: 7/17/21) I've added more TW's to the Introduction chapter because of this chapter. Please read those before you continue this chapter**

"Oh, come on! It'll be fun!" I was exhausted from the day before.

"You want me to go on a double date with you?" I asked. "But I get a blind date?" She nodded.

"Okay. Lets do it." I held tightly onto my blanket once more before letting go and getting out of bed. My feet touched the cool floor and I shuddered. Exhaustion heightens my all senses except smell. When I'm exhausted I can't smell anything.

"It's dinner and it's casual. It's at a 50's inspired restaurant," Amukta explained. We were going for dinner. I slept in because I was tired.

"So jeans and a nice shirt?" I hope I can wear sweats.

"I wanna look nice for this, please," she begged me.

"Fine, I'll wear a dress. Pick one out." I loved dresses. There was something but wearing them that was just so freeing.

The dress she picked out for me was not really my type. I was used to more fitted and shorter dresses, but this one cinched at my waist and then loosened till where the skirt ended at my mid thighs. It was a gorgeous baby blue dress, but it wasn't my usual style.

"I have it in pink?" Amukta offered and I nodded. I liked blue, but I loved the way the specific shade of rose pink she held up looked on me. It brightened everything from my skin covered in makeup to my hair.

I was thankful for the dress's long sleeves; it was cold outside.

As we left the house for the restaurant, I asked her if she knew who her date was bringing. She shrugged her shoulders. "I don't know, but I'm sure he can't be that bad. He's from out of town though, he's visiting with him for a while."

She parked the car and we went inside. The lights were dimmed, but I could see the purple and blue posters on the wall.

"Over there!" She pointed to a booth and my dropped to my lowest ribs when I saw the guy I never wanted to see again in my life. His thick black hair, shining dark brown eyes, beautifully sloped nose, and clean shaved jaw.

Alexander Mitchell cheated on me one week after I found out the chances of me carrying a baby to term were slim to none when I miscarried his child that I didn't even know I was carrying. They said my uterus was too hostile of an environment.

He said he didn't know how to cope, when I had been the one who took care of him after it. He asked me once how I felt and I didn't even get to answer before he went back to talking about himself.

I understood his pain, as I had gone through it with him, and tried to be there for him, but he couldn't return the emotion. He went and fucked some other girl to 'cope'.

I wanted this to be good for Amukta, so I swallowed every horrible feeling and taste that rushed up my throat and sat down at booth.

"Arabella," I introduced myself to Deen and Alexander. I stuck my right hand to shake theirs.

I took pleasure in the panic shadowing Alexander's face. I felt his leg shake under table as he avoided looking at me.

Deen seemed to be the only person who didn't seem to sense the the tension and discomfort.

"I'm really sorry,  I need to use the bathroom," Amukta got up and took me with her. "Oh my god. Oh my god. I am so so sorry. I didn't know I would never have brou-," I cut her off.

"Hey, you couldn't have known. It's fine. You have fun. I'll have my own fun. Alexander is very uncomfortable, it's nice to see." I smiled at her. "You don't worry about me. You're here on a date, so act like it instead of worrying about me. Okay?" We walked back to the booth and slipped in.