10

this is gonna be spirit week and some homecoming so it's gonna be a really long chapter😃

~~
Monday
I woke up with a headache from stressing. I went to the doctors appointment with my mom, and they were going to have her on bed rest in February.

I asked if we could do an outpatient program, but with her treatment, it wasn't allowed due to certain chemicals.

My mom sent in a request to work from the hospital when she gets admitted.

Hopefully, they'll let her. She works a desk job.

It was the first day of spirit week, Matching Monday.

Michael decided to buy us matching dinosaur costumes.

How he got them in such a short amount of time? I will never know, but I put on a black tank top and sweats before putting the huge costume in the bag. I was going to put it on at school because I refused to drive in it.

I picked up my coffee from the fridge and added some ice and creamer to it before heading to school.

I walked in with my bag to a fully decorated school with steamers and posters everywhere.

There were splashes of indigo and grey and the class colors everywhere. The class of '20 was brown and baby blue. Class of '21 was gold and teal. Class of '22 was green and silver, and class of '23 was yellow and red. Each class had a hall assigned to them. People were twinning and dressing up in costumes.

"ARABELLA TURNER! I DID NOT BUY YOU A THIRTY DOLLAR COSTUME FOR YOU TO NOT WEAR IT!" Michael yelled through his ... megaphone.

"I HAVE IT WITH ME, I DIDN'T WANNA DRIVE IN IT," I yelled back laughing. I saw Atlas and Daniyal walk in together. Daniyal looked very happy with his monkey ears, but Atlas had a straight face and kept messing with his.

"I'm gonna go change, I said to Michael and headed towards the bathroom.

I wasn't able to get it on, so I went out to get help from Michael, but bumped into Atlas.

"Sorry," I said and tried walking away, but he grabbed my arm and pulled me back.

"Shouldn't you be in a costume. This does look good on you though. I saw a few guys check you out, you gonna add them to the list?" he asked.

"I might, it depends on who it is. I need help getting into my costume," I said and he motioned me to go back inside.

"I'll help you," he said following me.

"I need to put this on somehow," I said and picked it up.

"Put on the pants first and then hold it up, and I'll help you get the top on and we'll put it on together," he said and I nodded. After last week, he had been a bit more civil with me, but still a total jerk.

We got the costume on in five minutes.

"How are you going to carry your stuff," he said and I just shrugged. I picked up my bag and just held it and we walked to chem.

"You are la-... I am sorry but is that ... Arabella?" she asked and I nodded. "Well, I understand why you might be late now, please take your seats," she said with a worried look on her face.

"Monkey, I love it. You're gold and I'm teal, THAT'S SO COOL!" Michael said and we laughed. 

"I like the monkey ears," I said to Daniyal and he smiled.

"Good because Atlas said they're too itchy."

"Awww, that sucks but that's a personal problem. They look nice." Michael said and I laughed. Our school didn't assign homework during homecoming week, so the students all hung out after school together for fun. It was always hosted by seniors who were excited but also sad about their last year.