33

Did it make him jealous?

Was he jealous?

My stomach flipped at the idea of him being jealous, and it shouldn't have.

I got out of my car and ran into the school.

It was raining outside and it didn't start until after I started driving to school. I was in black shorts and a white t- shirt, a terrible idea.

Our school only had one large parking lot and the front was reserved for the teachers so, it was a long run and I was shaking by the time I walked into the classroom.

Derek and Fred were joking around and Atlas wasn't here yet.

"Shit, are you okay?" Derek asked me and threw me a sweatshirt. "Put that on, your shaking and your shirt is see through."

"Thanks," I said, my voice chattering. I quickly pulled it on. "I'll give it back at the end of the period."

Atlas walked in and his eyes went straight to the sweater.

He didn't say anything, but he looked pissed.

He looked at Fred, who was wearing a sweatshirt and then Derek who had a short sleeved shirt on, and seemed to come to the correct conclusion that it was Derek's.

Maybe he was jealous.

Shut the fuck up.

Atlas took his seat across from me.

"I didn't know you had that sweatshirt. I've never seen you wear it."

"It's mine." Derek answered.

"It's really comfy," I randomly said.

"You can keep it," Derek winked at me.

"No. She'll give it back to you."

"It yours. I'll give it back to you at the end of class."

That was the end of it.

I realized, that I had to end whatever was going on between me and Atlas.

I looked up at Atlas who was staring me down and I looked away because my stomach went crazy with butterflies.

That's exactly why I had to end things.

The period flew by, and I could barely remember what the slides were about because I was so distracted by Atlas's feet messing with mine, playing footsies. I muffled out my giggles with Derek's sweatshirt.

I'll go over the slides later when he puts them on Google Classroom.

I didn't want to end things. Maybe I should wait a day or two.

No.

It'll just be harder then.

The bell rang and this time, I was the one shoving Atlas into the janitor's closet.

I couldn't say anything.

"Yes?"

"I- um."

"You're still wearing his sweatshirt."

"Right, I'll give that back, but this arrangement thing or whatever has to end."

"Finally," he said and I took a step back at his words looking hurt.

"Oh, if you wanted it to end a while ago, you should've said so."

"No! I didn't mean it like that. It was like, you finally realized."