26

I didn't go to school the entire next week, which also happened to be the last week of school.

None of my teachers dared to fail me on my final, it just went in as excused. I ended the school year with all A's and a dead mom.

I hadn't left my room in three days except to shower. Atlas brought me food and water in my room, which I mostly refused until he force fed me dinner.

Summer had officially started and I had three months to fully heal before Common App opened August 1st.

I didn't need to heal, I needed a distraction.

I didn't know if I needed just one or a few.

I was completely numb. I hadn't shed a tear since her time of death was announced.

There's a house party that some Rainberry kid is throwing tonight and I am going to go.

I needed a distraction. One that lasted so long, I forget about everything else. I was given two weeks off of work, so I have a week left.

I would invite Amukta with me, but she's busy shopping and packing for her trip to India.

Normally, she goes in December, but this year her parents decided to go in June instead of December.

I looked at the clock to see it was eight thirty, and I was going to sneak out.

Atlas, Michael, and Daniyal wouldn't let me out to a party.

I threw on a a pair of shorts and a random t shirt and opened my window. It's a one floor house, so it wouldn't really be a jump.

I could just say I'm going on a walk.

No, they'll volunteer to come with me and I want to be left alone.

I jumped out the window, landing on my feet. I opened garage using the code, and got into my car and left.

They shouldn't even suspect I'm gone. I ate dinner and told them I'm going to sleep. I made sure to stuff my bed, and used my mom's wig to make it look like my hair.

I could hear the loud music as I pulled over. I made sure to parallel park in between two cars that looked similar to mine, so if the three ended up here, they wouldn't notice it much.

I went in to see there were a lot of people. This was good, it meant blending in. I downed two shots of vodka, and a shot of tequila before heading to the dance floor.

I wasn't even paying attention to my surroundings.

I didn't have a single care in the world and it felt good. I felt good. I saw the guy I was dancing with during homecoming before Atlas ripped me away to finger me, and I winked at him. He noticed and came over. He put this hands on my waist before they went up and down, memorizing the shape of my body.

"Let's get a room," I tried yelling over the music into his ear. He pulled me closer to him and his lips were on my neck. I moaned at the feeling of his mouth suck on my neck. Next thing I knew, he was kissing me. I desperately kissed him back, not caring that he wasn't even a good kisser.

"Let's go, I have a condom," he whispered into my ear, and I just nodded. Anything to get my mom's funeral out of my head.

It's tomorrow.

And I was here, drinking and getting fucked.

We were rushing up to a room when I felt someone's hand grab my wrist.

"What the fuck are you doing here?" Why was Atlas here?

"What are you doing here?" I retorted.