2

"Six point zero two times ten to the twenty third power is the mole number. Anyone who's taken a sophomore chemistry course should know this. However, we're still going to go over all of this in chapter one. This includes SI units, mole, atomic theory, and other basic stuff like dimensional analysis, " Mrs. Raj said.  "We did basic lab safety last week, so tomorrow we will do the fire lab so you guys can do a lab and write the report. I'm assigning lab partners and made a seating arrangement for you guys based on that. I'd prefer if you did the lab in your groups of two, but I'm okay with groups of four."

I hope I had Munynyim. She was the only person in this class who I've had more than three civil conversations with.

"Munynyim and Alexa," Crap.

"Michael and Arabella behind Atlas and Daniyal." No. I would give up my first born and their first born to have this changed.

He's going to make the work harder and make me do all of it and I won't say shit because I feel bad about it then, even though I know I shouldn't. I could try not to be a pushover, but that wouldn't work out that well.

You never know until you try.

I should be okay doing all the work on my own though.

"So each row has four tables. Each table is a group of two and the front two tables are a group of four and the back two are a group of four. Thankfully, we have a number divisible by four, so there are no extra people. Go."

I grabbed my things and walked over to the table.

"Arctic Monkey's! This should be an easy class. My good lab grades will make up for my crap test grades."

"Why are you even in this class. Just take AP Enviro," I suggested. Of all the people, I had to put with the guy who uses everyone for homework so he can stay on the football team.

"Awww, Monkey is sad," he said booping my nose and I shifted away and scrunched my face in disgust.

"Fuck off, Smith," I said putting emphasis on his basic ass last name.

"So are you guys going to stop flirting or can we do the pre-lab?" I looked up to see Daniyal and Atlas looking at us.

"I wasn't-" I was cut off.

"Shut it," Atlas said and I nodded and took out my lab notebook.

"Smith's not that bad of a name you know. I could share it with you if you wanted," Michael whispered to me and I looked at him.

"Too bland. See, Ahmed or Phoenix, those are cool last names," Daniyal spoke up and I was so thankful for him. Daniyal and I were partners for a project freshman year so while we were kind of friends, we talked around once a month.

I gave him a smile thanking him as I started the pre-lab. I could see Michael copying everything I wrote on the paper from my peripheral vision.

"Dude, do you just not do your own work?" Daniyal said in a joking tone before I could say something to him. He said it as a joke, but anyone with ears could sense the annoyance.

"Arctic Monkey's doesn't mind, right?" he asked giving me a look.

No. You do mind. Tell him you mind.

"I don't really mind," I said. I really wished there was a girl in this group. I don't mind working with guys, but it's three.

I had just noticed Atlas hadn't said anything and I wasn't about to willingly talk to him, so I put my headphones in once I finished the pre lab and put my head on the desk.