58

"We'll take it," Atlas whipped out a credit card. I'd pay him back later, of course. There was nothing wrong with letting people do things for me, but I liked doing things back for them. A small part of me wanted to be even but another part of me wanted to just do something in return.

"Your room is on the fifth floor. Enjoy your stay!" She smiled at us and we returned it before we turned around and head towards the elevator with shopping bags in our hands instead of carry ons.

As he opened the hotel room with a key card, Atlas groaned as he set his stuff down and I saw him about to throw himself onto the bed.

I caught him.

"Atlas, we are sweaty and tired. We cannot get onto this clean bed." I felt his forehead fall onto my shoulder and I brought my hand up to hold his face.  "Hey, go take a quick shower." I held him up and slightly shook him. "You don't get to get tired on me. Go."

"Yea, okay. I won't take too long." He got his stuff and head to the bathroom. When I heard his door click, I took to a few minutes to adjust the thermostat to 78°F before I went out to see if they still had a dinner buffet.

They did.

I got two plates and just stuffed different food on them. Knowing Atlas, he would be hungry but he could share food. It was a weird assortment, but it was food.

Fruits and veggies with fried rice and samosas and pasta and salsa and mashed potatoes shoved onto two plates. I set my plates down as I put a couple forks and spoons and napkins in my purse. I saw my phone light up, so I grabbed it.

Atlas
8:34PM

Where are you?
8:34

arabella?
8:40

As I was about to respond, his name popped up on my screen and I answered his call.

"Where are you?" He asked. "You don't just leave like that without a note or a text when your in a hotel of convenience forty minutes away from home."

"I'm sorry," I started. "I was getting food and my hands are full. My ringer is probably off; I just thought you'd be hungry because I am."

"Wait there," He hung up before I could even say good bye and a minute later he came out of the elevator. His hair was still wet.

It was obvious he had quickly thrown on his clothes from earlier to come down here. He looked around the buffet for a split second before seeing me and heading over. He grabbed the plates and raised a brow at me at the same time.

"Wait here. I was going to get some water and a couple hot chocolates but thought I'd have to com down again, but now that my hands are open be right back," I quickly walked to the bar and got two hot chocolates.

We rushed up to the bedroom because the hotel wasn't exactly warm. Our room was.

I set the food down on the small desk in the corner. "Eat." I told him. "I'm gonna quickly take a shower." I was quick about it in the shower. I was exhausted and hungry and the hotel body wash smelt good, but I didn't use the shampoo considering it wasn't going to do my curly hair any good.

I got out of the shower and quickly dried myself off and put on lotion. The store we went too didn't have any sweats left so I got a thick sweater with a pack of boxers to wear and fuzzy socks.