43

"Atlas! I have to go!" I laughed out.

"Please, can I come with?"

"No! I need to think clear, and I can't do that with you."

"Fine, be careful and don't make and dumb decisions," he grumbled out.

"Just wait till I get home," I wiggled my brows and his eyes lit up as he wrapped a hand around my throat.

"What are you gonna do? Put me in handcuffs and a blindfold?"

"I might. You never know." I removed his hand from my throat and turned around and walked away without looking at the expression on his face.

I walked to my car and got in, taking a deep breath before driving off.

I stopped by the bathroom to fix my outfit before heading to her office.

"You have an appointment with Janet Burton today?"

"Yes, for three thirty."

"Arabella Turner. She'll be out in a cohple minutes to see you," the man at the reception said and I nodded and mumbled a 'thank you' before sitting on one of the chairs.

"Ms. Turner," a familiar looking middle aged woman called for me.

"Hi, how are you?" I asked walking up to her.

"I'm alright, I heard about your mother, my condolences, how are you doing?"

"As fine as I can be, thanks for asking."

"Alright, let's get to my office. Follow me." I followed her to a door, and took a seat at one of the chairs. "Would you like any water, tea, coffee?" she asked and showed me her little station for drinks.

"No, thank you, I'm alright."

"Well, let's get started. I'm gonna jump straight into this. You are eighteen years old with no family. You're fathers parents have zero rights or anything to you, and you're mothers parents died. You're mother has left you enough. You need to write a will, and sign medical forms."

"What do you mean?"

"I mean, although the chances are very slim, if in any case something happens to you, we need to know who can make make medical decisions for you and where all of your belongings are going to go."

"Amukta Shah." My answer was final.

"There is no one else you would consider?"

"No."

Amukta is my person. It's like Cristina and Mer, Jess and Cece, Dean and Cas, Bloom and Stella, Winston and Mrs. Ferguson.

She would know exactly what I'd want to do with everything. She knows me better than myself to make this decision for me.

"Is she your power of attorney?"

"My what?"

"When you are not in a stable condition to made medical decisions, you need someone to make them for you."

"Absolutely not. Is there any way for me to pre do anything?" I asked. I don't want to be vegetable if something happened to me.

"All right, let's start with a DNR. I'll explain exactly what it is to you,  and what it means for you, and I'll do that with other medical paperwork too."

"I do not want a DNR."

"But, you don't even know what it is."

"I am a CNA. I know what it is. I know what all of these papers are and everything about them. It's part of my job."