Harry Potter Has A Savior Complex

Start from the beginning

"Don't say that! I love that book!"

"You're my girlfriend, you have to say that."

"Maybe so, but that doesn't mean it isn't true."

Cathy hums disbelievingly and Kat decides right then and there that she is going to make Cathy smile. Kat slips out of bed, earning a whine from Cathy who was beginning to rely on her warmth for comfort.

"Come on, we're going downstairs."

"Whyyyyyy?" Cathy whines.

"To watch Harry Potter."

Cathy stills in bed, thinking through the situation.

"All of them?"

"All of them."

"Even if it takes all night?"

"Yep, now come on, we need to start now."

Cathy suddenly darts out of bed and yells that she's going to get the movies. Kat chuckles and starts popping the popcorn. Cathy is sitting on the couch, under a blanket, like a child, waiting for Kat when she's done.

Kat hands her a bag of popcorn before letting herself get dragged under the blanket with Cathy.

"Alright, start the movie."

"Yesss, you are the best!"

____________________

SORCERER'S STONE

Cathy is already heavily invested, making small comments about how Aragon would lose her shit on the Dudley's, and Jane would low-key help Harry run away because they're just like that.

Cathy doesn't realize how far she's cuddled into Kat at all, and Kat makes sure to keep her arms tight around her to keep in place, and happy.

When Ron plays the giant chess game Cathy wonders outloud.

"Why didn't he just jump off the piece when it struck? I don't understand."

"Because then the movie wouldn't be interesting Cathy."

"Ridiculous."

And only a few minutes later -

"Don't do it! Don't give it to him!"

"Cathy you've seen this before."

"Yes, and?"

"Why are you acting like you don't already know he's not going to?"

"Because I can."

Another few minutes -

"If I was Slytherin I would be callin' some bullshit, because all of those sound like fake reasons to get house points. Like, Dumbledore could have phrased them better."

"Actually yeah, Hermione is the only one that sounded like a legit reason to be real."

_________________________

THE CHAMBER OF SECRETS

Cathy had been dead silent, only making a few weird faces when Harry was hit on by a ghost.

A ghost.

When the snake was revealed she got tense, as if wanting to run away as well. Kat rubbed her back soothingly.

When Fawkes (the phoenix) blinded the Basilisk Cathy finally let out a noise and cheered. Harry saved, the movie over, Cathy moved onto the next one.

_____________________________

PRISONER OF AZKABAN

To say that this was Cathy's favorite movie in the series would be an understatement. The moment the movie started rules suddenly appeared.