Can't Blame A Girl For Tryin'

TW: Cussing, Aramour, there is a complete version in my smut book with the smut scene, so yeah.

Jane has made so many terrible romantic decisions that even she is annoyed at her. She knows she jumps in blindly, falls too fast, gives too much, but she keeps trying.

Because how else is she going to meet her soulmate?

About a year ago she'd fallen for a friend that she used to get coffee from, they had banter, they hung out when they weren't in a professional setting. When Jane had confessed the person turned her down, harshly.

Now Jane can't get coffee from that place on Tuesday because that's when they work the morning shift.

Yay.

Jane isn't paying attention to where she's going, she had her mail, filled to the brim with things she's not going to even look at and throw away. She's trying to sort, get her keys, and walk at the same time so when she crashes into someone it's not even remotely a surprise.

"I'm so sorry!"

Jane goes to help the woman up, but she waves her away and starts picking Jane's mail up for her. When she looks up and hands Jane the stack her heart stops, because now she has a clear visual on her face, and fuck, she is beautiful.

"T - Thank you." Jane stutters.

"Of course."

Jane continues to her door, confused as to why the woman is still behind her, she pulls out her keys before stopping. The woman is her new neighbor.

Oh you are so fucked.

_________________

Jane tries not to make it a habit of crashing into people but the universe hates her more than usual today.

She slams into her neighbor again, and mentally hits herself because this is not how she wants to be perceived god dammit. The woman laughs once she sees Jane's face.

"Here let me help."

"This isn't how I wanted our first conversations to go."

"You've thought about our conversations?"

The woman raised a brow, a teasing glint in her eyes. Jane opened her mouth and closed it, like a fish. She was floundering for a reply, any reply would do really just as long as she wasn't staring at her beautiful golden speckled eyes in embarrassment.

"I mean, you're my neighbor. I want to make a good impression on you."

That would've been a nice save if it hadn't taken thirty seconds to come up with. Jane must be as seethrough as glass with her intentions by now, but the woman laughs quietly before handing Jane her mail again.

"Well then, maybe I can take you to coffee and we can learn more about each other, yeah?"

Jane has a fleeting thought about it being Tuesday, and the morning shift, but her eyes are so compelling, and the way she asked made it feel like a date for Jane. She shyly nodded, tucking a strand of hair behind her ear.

"Alright, I'm Catalina, but you can call me Lina if you want."

"I'm Jane, I don't really have a nickname." Jane replied awkwardly.

"Hmm, I can think of one."

"Really?"

"I think I'll call you gorgeous, how does that sound?"