Greed

TW: Araleyn, Anne is not a good person, second part to Seven Deadly Sins, cheating, it's fucked up

When Anne arrived in England she was not particularly jazzed about having to flirt with the King every goddamn day, because in all honesty?

He was kind of ugly.

But her father's voice whispered in her ear constantly, warning her that stopping now would leave her in the same position as her older sister Mary who had unfortunately, met the sword earlier.

She'd arrived months ago, and had admittedly gotten herself in a particularly dangerous situation.

The King (per usual) was involved, but -

So was the Queen.

The rather pretty, sarcastic, charming Queen who'd taken an interest in Anne as well. A very - scandalous interest that Anne delighted in.

Right now she was 'asleep' according to Henry.

According to Catalina, she was busy doing something else that was probably enough to get her burned like the witch she was accused to be. And drag Catalina down with her.

But Anne couldn't be focused on that at the moment, all she could focus on was the Queen's nimble fingers, studious mouth, and sharp tongue.

Which was working wonders on Anne.

She came (as she always did with Catalina, unlike Henry who required theatric orgasms because she never could reach them). She screamed into her shoulder, her name, always her name, and relaxed against her.

"I love you."

Ah fuck.

______________

The thing was, Anne loved her too, she was far better than he was (in every way) but - the title of Anne Boleyn, the Queen, called her name.

Anne felt sick when she heard the rumours, that her Catalina was going to be dethroned in favour of her.

Anne immediately ran to her, and told her what she heard, in complete hysteria, pushing the glee from her mind that she was going to be Queen.

Catalina had cried, wondering what would happen to her beautiful smart daughter (who knew what Anne was up to) and what Anne would have to go through as his wife. She knew that Henry was cold and cruel. Abusive most of all.

And Anne comforted her like the snake she was, pretending to not be the exact reason why she was being taken away, and forced away from her daughter. Anne sang softly in her ear, ignoring the heartache at the thought of losing her Catalina, as well as the giddiness of becoming queen.

Eventually Catalina was soothed to sleep, Anne cradling her.

_____________________________

Catalina was staring at her, waiting for her answer, waiting for her to deny it.

It didn't come.

Anne felt slightly guilty, after all she really did love Catalina, and she'd betrayed her in such a manner that most likely wouldn't be forgiven.

"I would be honored to be your queen."

"Liar." she whispered, her voice cracking, she turned to look at Mary who was desperately trying to reach her mother, to go with her because for fucks sake it was her mother, and she was always going to be on her mothers side over her fathers.

Anne didn't watch as she was dragged away, deciding to focus on the good rather than the terrible. Her deeds would weigh out in the end, she was queen, she would do better.

________________________________

She didn't do better.

She gave birth to a beautiful daughter, and then Henry found out about her affair with Catalina. Mary had been glaring at Anne, but never at Elizabeth, she loved Elizabeth too much for that. When Catalina died there had been a moment in time where Anne regretted everything she'd done to her.

But then she reminded herself where she was and who she was. She was Queen Anne Boleyn, and she didn't feel guilt for anything.

But the storm of emotions brewing in Henry's eyes was nothing short of a warning to her. When she was briefly brought face to face with him he snarled.

"Greedy little thing, your death will be welcomed."

Her jaw locked, knowing her end was going to meet soon enough, for all her greed brought her to the post, staring at the jeering crowd who wanted nothing more than to see her head roll.

Greed brought her to her queenship, and greed forced her back out again.

- ARAGON