Mary Is Not Okay With This

TW: Mary/Kat, Araleyn, Awkward shit, here we go, this is terrible, i've been gone for months and this shitty one shot is what you get, hahaha, im so sorry, shitpost, crackfic, Flirting

Let's start with this.

One thing.

It's a small thing really.

A really small thing.

But for some reason, the small, really small thing, was making Mary want to rather unreasonably stab her mother repeatedly and set her on fire.

It was a small thing.

(Maybe it wasn't a small thing)

Kat was giggling, her beautiful giggle that made Mary's insides go 'alert alert, you're about to have gay meltdown in thirty seconds'. Her mother was smiling proudly at it, and flirting with her.

Seriously, why couldn't Kat leave her parents alone?

(Why couldn't Kat flirt with Mary instead.)

Her mother leaned over to Kat and brushed a strand of hair from her face, causing her to giggle more. And Mary almost threw her book at her mother and told her to leave Kat alone because she wanted Kat to herself.

Then she dialed it back a bit, because that was a little crazy. Just a little. Instead she huffs and shuts her book sharply with an audible thud before storming up to her room, leaving an amused mother and exasperated Kat behind.

__________________________

Mary decided that for once in her life she really hated her mother.

Like really.

Like she wanted to disown her level of hate.

(She was still convinced it was a small thing.)

Mary was glaring as Kat and her mother interacted, as one does when your mother is flirting with the woman you've grown to realize was your awakening and made you into a 'baby gay'.

(She doesn't know what it means, but Boleyn kept calling her that and now it's stuck, even Jane is calling her a baby gay.)

But back to glaring.

Mary was not pleased with this, and imagine her surprise when she turns to have more coffee (something her mother definitely doesn't know about and will never know about because she doesn't need to know she has another Cathy situation on her hands) and she sees Boleyn glaring as well.

Well that's new.

She tilts her head, now watching Boleyn, oblivious to the sudden halt of the flirting between her mother and Kat.

Sparing a glance at her mother she almost starts to laugh because she looks rather jealous now that Mary is looking at Anne......and well-

Mary was a petty little thing, so she sacrificed her pride and smiled charmingly at Boleyn.

"Say, your hair looks awfully soft."

____________________________

Catalina and Kat quickly moved up the stairs to the first queen's room, unprepared for that course of action from Mary.

(Anne, rather infuriatingly, encouraged this behavior before suddenly Mary had accidentally blurted out something rather revealing about how even in her younger years she'd found her attractive. So Kat wasn't her gay awakening, Anne was. That was the only perk from that.)

"Okay, I really thought flirting with her mother would've made her act." Kat muttered.

"I can't believe your cousin, and my girlfriend flirted with my daughter."