Airplanes (Part 1)

TW: Minor Cussing, Cathy being an idiot, Parrlyn, there's gonna be 4 parts, 2 is Aramour, 3 is KatAnna, and 4 is chaos, so there's that, sorry for the loss of sanity.

Being a flight attendant is exactly what it's cracked up to be.

A pain in the ass.

If Cathy has to deal with one more passenger who ignores the seat belt signs, she might throw herself out of the plane.

Or possibly cause a lawsuit by throwing someone else out of the plane.

The point is, it's not fun.

Kat (her best friend) is a fellow flight attendant who understands Cathy's violent urges. They both enjoy making fun of bratty passengers who think they can switch seats.

Cathy is just getting back from dealing with a woman whose baby moved all the way up to first class on her own, because the woman wasn't paying attention.

Yet somehow, it's Cathy's fault her baby has no rules.

Yeah, fuck you.

"Hey, the new pilot asking for coffee." Jane (another attendant) informs Cathy.

"I've gotta go ask that guy to sit the fuck down." Kat says as she moves through the plane towards some dude who has a death wish.

"I just dealt with Henry, your turn." Jane says as she sits down on the only chair available.

Cathy, quickly pours the coffee and grabs a few sugar packets. She knocks on the door, and enters.

The new pilot is a woman, which is very unfortunate because Henry (the other pilot) likes to make all women intensely uncomfortable. She's got raven hair, and is successfully ignoring Henry.

Respect.

"You asked for coffee?"

"Hey, take over while I drink."

"Sure thing baby." Henry replied with a wink that goes completely ignored by the woman.

Cathy almost falls over when she gets a complete look on her face.

Green.

Her eyes are brilliantly green, and Cathy kind of just wants to get lost in them forever.

"You gonna give me the coffee? Orrrr -"

"Oh! Sorry!"

"It's alright."

The woman grabs the coffee from Cathy's hands, and discreetly checks her out.

"What's your name? I'd like to know who I'm flying with."

"C - Cathy."

And now her stutter is making a cameo, thanks.

"I'm Anne, well see you around Cathy."

"Yep, you will, because I'm on the plane. Alright, I'm just gonna - stop talking - and leave now."

When Cathy closes the door, she's absolutely positive her face is the most bright kind of red. Kat and Jane stare at her for a moment, before Kat asks (because she has to obviously) "What happened in there?"

"Why didn't you tell me the new pilot looked like that?"

"Like what?"

"Like the most beautiful person on earth!" She whisper shouted.

Jane and Kat looked at each other in glee, "You like her?!" They whispered back.

"Obviously!"

Before they could delve any further into Cathy's instant crush, a woman looked like she was about to light a cigarette in the plane.

"What in the - ma'am! You can't smoke in here!"

____________

"Hey Cathy!"

"Hey Anne."

"You know what I wish?"

"Um - no."

"I wish I was cross-eyed so I could see you twice."

"Why, that sounds terrible. You'd have to focus really hard to see."

"I -"

____________

"Good think I have my library card on me, because I'm definitely checking you out."

"Why would you bring your library card with you?"

____________

"You must be tired because you've been running through my mind all night."

"I am tired, how did you know that?"

___________

"Did you just come out of the oven? Because you're hot."

"If I was in the oven I'd be dead."

___________

"I give up!"

Anne threw her hands up in the air, pacing the floor.

"How can someone be so oblivious?"

Jane put her hand on Anne's shoulder comfortingly, "We don't know either."

"What do I have to do, to get her to understand that I'm flirting with her rather unethicly might I add."

"She'd probably miss it even if you outright told her you were flirting with her."

"I know!"

"Maybe that's exactly what you should do."

___________

"Cathy I swear to god, just ask her out!"

"She probably doesn't like me."

Cathy, Jane, and Kat are sitting at the airport Starbucks, waiting for Anne to arrive. Naturally all they want to talk about is Cathy's love life.

Cathy doesn't want to talk about her love life, but no one really listens to her.

"She's been flirting with you since day one!"

"No, she's just naturally like that."

"Oh my god, Cathy I promise you she likes you back."

"You don't know that!"

"Yes I do!"

"How?"

"She told us for god's sake!"

Cathy went silent, her eyes moving from Jane to Kat unsure if they were pulling something.

"Did she really?" She asked in a quiet voice.

But instead of Jane or Kat responding a voice sounded from behind Cathy.

"She most certainly did."

Cathy whipped around to face Anne, in all her chaotic glory.

"I hope you don't mind, but I'd like to take you out when we get back."

"No, not at all. Um, can I have your number?" Cathy responded shyly.

"Sure, if I can have yours."

They swapped numbers and right before they boarded, Anne kissed Cathy swiftly.And it could also be noted that it was right in front of Henry, who looked absolutely livid.

So Cathy had a good day.

NEXT UP:

ARAMOUR

-AraleynTrash