Denial

TW: Pining, this is very wordy, Parrmour, Araleyn, KatAnna, garden duck, only people who've been on ao3 know what's up with garden duck.

REQUESTED BY: GertsEllis

Catherine Parr has written so many stories that sometimes she thinks that she knows how hers will end. She sees the way her life twists and turns with predictable storylines and sudden plot twists. She sees herself as the main character and the other queens as the supporting actors in her ridiculous book.

Catherine of Aragon as her mother who's been through so much with her ex husband, yet is learning to love again with a new woman who's funny, and bright, and so much better than her ex.

Anne Boleyn, the new love interest for the mother who's trying to get Cathy's approval to date her, even though she secretly already has. She shows up every once in a while for a short punchline and a flirtatious wink towards Catherine, and proves herself to be worth all the attention Catherine showers her with.

Anne of Cleves is the best friend that everyone wishes they had. She's funny and would protect her friends with her life. She's the 'sidekick' in Cathy's adventure, at least that's what she would be in a book.

Katherine Howard is the broken little girl that they find on the way and help. As they continue on she slowly becomes braver, and stronger. By the end she's fighting with them instead of cowering behind them in fear.

Jane Seymour is the caring friend, and the main character's (Catherine Parr) love interest that they are in such denial about. She laughs like the breeze and is always there to support anyone in need, especially the main character.

And all of them together make the classic unbreakable friend group that in the end decides to stick together because there's nowhere they'd rather be. In the end Cathy allows Anne to officially date her mother because she's proven that she will love her. Anna tells Kat that she loves her and that she knows that she needs time to think about it and even if she doesn't feel the same she'll always be her friend. Cathy finally admits she's in love with Jane and they share an epic kiss that's the last scene in the book.

Well, Cathy see's most of that, but the one thing that she's missing is the whole "Being in love with Jane' thing. Even Cathy, the main character of this story, can't see that major plot twist.

_______________

Catherine and Anne are hiding up in their room, pretending to not be making out, hopefully just making out. Jane is sweeping, because her work is never done. Anna and Kat are playing video games, Mario Kart, and getting very upset with each other for playing the way it's supposed to be played. And Cathy is, unsurprisingly, upstairs, in her dark room, staring at a computer screen, with a coffee cup in her hand, writing.

When Jane comes up and turns on the light, Cathy hisses. Like a cat. Jane, used to this response, forces her to go downstairs and see other people. Her computer is toxic and Jane thinks it's high time she broke up with it, but Cathy's just too afraid of how it will respond.

Jane walks behind her, making sure she actually goes downstairs and stays downstairs.

"Sit."

Cathy for once in her life does as she's told without question, without an onslaught of questions and reasons why she shouldn't. She just sits. Jane sighs and plops down next to her, and Cathy can feel something in her stomach stir when Jane smiles over at her.

Cathy smiles back hesitantly, still half focused on that feeling that is almost familiar but not quite. They sit there in silence, neither sure of what to talk about since most of their interactions involved one of them dragging the other away from something. Whether it be from writing, or stress cleaning.