Willow

TW: Araleyn, Cussing, Implied Smut, the guy is mentioned, but everyone already hates him at this point, so it's all good, Marriages, lot's of stuff happens here, Death, but not really, just read the damn thing.

REQUESTED BY: Jadeevans123

Down by the water,

Under the willow,

Sits a lone ranger,

Minding the willow.

Catherine knows how absolutely sad it is to be sitting there all alone. Under a tree with a book, staring at the river, crying. It's absolutely the saddest thing she's ever done.

But what else is she supposed to do?

Her life was ruined.

He and his wife,

Once lives happily,

Planted a seed,

That grew through the reeds.

She used to come down here with H - him. Her ex. They would laugh, and once they even got in the river and played like they were children. When they married they planted a seed, a willow seed. The tree wasn't as big as it could be, it would take at least another four years.

She had been married for eleven years to him, only for him to leave her at the drop of a hat. All because one of his mistresses found out he was married and wasn't having any of it.

It wasn't her fault, she didn't know and when she found out she ended it.

Catherine knew that he hadn't been able to get her back, he'd come crawling back to her, but this time she wouldn't let him in. She was over his games.

Summers and Winters,

Through snowy Decembers,

Sat by the water,

Close to the embers.

She came out to the willow all the time, it being a source of comfort for her. Even while married she'd come down and sit underneath it's leaves and read. Sometimes she'd draw, mostly the river and it's life.

Missing out the lives,

That they once had,

Before.

She missed being able to come out and not be reminded of her failed marriage. She missed coming home to someone. Someone who wanted to be there with her. She hadn't had that in a long time.

I wouldn't leave you,

I would hold you,

When the last day comes.

She would've done anything for him.

As she thinks about it, she chuckles bitterly to herself, anger coursing through her veins. He knew that she'd do anything and he used that. He destroyed her just for the fun of it, because -

He never loved her.

What if you need me,

Won't you hold me,

On the last day,

Our last day.

He wouldn't do half the things she did for him, not for her, not for anyone but himself. Catherine starts to cry as she realizes just why he was with her in the first place. He enjoyed that she gave him everything, that she showered him in compliments and affection, and that he could get away with doing nothing in return.