Harry Potter Has A Savior Complex

TW: Parrward, fluff, minor angst, cussing, I kind of spoil the entire series, so yeah.

REQUESTED BY: aweb1122

When Cathy opens her emails she's actually in a good mood. She has the blinds open (always a good sign), she actually slept last night, and it was noon and she'd only just opened her computer to write.

So far, all was good.

But when Cathy opens her emails, she sees an email from her publisher.

Excited, she opens it.

Then she isn't excited anymore, because they aren't going to publish her book. It wasn't good enough to be published, and they thought if they did it would fail.

Cathy shuts the computer suddenly, her heart wrenching, because the one thing she was good at, wasn't good enough.

Cathy puts the computer away, her notebook away, everything away. And for the first time in history her desk is clear. Cathy goes back to bed, knowing she's moments away from crying so much that she falls asleep.

Apparently the one thing she loves (other than Kat) isn't that great, and Cathy is easily put down.

Even though it physically hurts to do so, she quits.

_______________

Kat is completely oblivious when she walks into their room, she sees Cathy still asleep, and only briefly worries about it.

When she catches sight of her desk, clear, something starts to sink in her stomach because something has to be wrong. But she keeps positive, because maybe she just wanted to clear it off for something else, or to organize a little.

Maybe.

Kat gently wakes Cathy up, and pulls her as close as she can without accidentally suffocating herself.

"Hey Cathy."

"Hey Kitten." Cathy responds sleepily.

"How do you feel?"

"Rested."

"This must be a first."

"Probably is."

Cathy snuggled closer to Kat, craving her warmth, and Kat bit back a smile at the action. She pressed a kiss to her temple.

"Hey, want to read with me?"

Kat always got an excited yes in response to that question. Cathy loved to read, especially with Kat.

"No, I'm gonna go back to sleep."

Kat's smile fell, and the alarm bells in her head started to ring.

"Cathy?"

"Hmm?"

"What's wrong?"

"Nothing, I'm just tired."

"You just said you were rested."

"Well I want to be more rested."

"Cathy."

Tears gathered in her eyes, and Kat let out a soft 'oh' before wiping them away and kissing her forehead.

"They aren't going to publish it."

"Publish what?"

"My new book, they hate it."

Kat's breath get's caught in her chest, and kisses her again.

"Well they're idiots then."

"I hate it too."