Airplanes (Part 2)

TW: Aramour, Henry being a dick, obviously, he'll be gone next chapter, promise, um, Catherine's a passenger, Jane is an attendant, that's it, kissing?

A month after Anne and Cathy got together, people began to stop teasing them about it.

Instead they moved on to Jane's lack of partnership.

And against her will, she was set up many times. And every last one of them were complete debacles.

The first one was a magician. Which had been an immediate no.

The second one lived with their mother.

The third one had deep daddy issues that shined through their first date.

The fourth one was okay, up until they showed them their car. A minivan, which was date language for I want to collect all the angry birds stuffed animals.

Jane had firmly declined the next offer. Having no faith in her friends capabilities as matchmakers.

So here she was, moving along the isle, ignoring Henry's previous comments about her. She was doing relatively okay, no one yelled at her because their coffee was hot (what did they expect?!) no one tried to bribe her for 'the goods' (that had been weird, she'd told the other attendants and they told Henry. Even he'd been concerned.), and she hadn't spilled anything.

She was just past first class (that was always the hard part, they wanted ridiculous things, like a frappuccino. You're on Spirit, get a grip.) when she saw a woman. Totally benign, nothing out of the ordinary. Except she was really pretty.

So pretty that Jane lost focus on the scolding hot cup of coffee she was holding, and promptly burned herself.

"Shit!" She hissed, momentarily forgetting the younger passengers.

But not for long, every woman on board reminded her.

The woman was frowning now, and Jane let her thoughts completely slip out of her control, because she was beautiful even with the frown.

"I'm so sorry sir, let me get you a new one."

Jane made sure she was paying attention that time, out of the corner of her eye she saw Kat silently offering to replace her, but Jane wasn't having that.

That woman was distracting her, and she needed to talk to her.

For work reasons of course. Totally not to check her out, that would be unprofessional.

When she reached the woman, she looked up and smiled at her. Jane almost passed out at the sight of her grin. She weakly smiled and asked what she wanted.

"Water, and while we're at it you should spill it on that burn too."

Jane faltered, unsure if it was cruel or helpful.

"I sounded like a bitch didn't I? Sorry, it sounded better in my head."

"Its.....alright."

The woman's eyes lit up, and Jane had no regrets about submitting herself to torture just to talk to her.

"Are you sure? That definitely looks like it's a burn."

Jane glanced down at her hand, the woman was completely right. It was already blistering.

"I'll be fine."

When Jane handed her the water, the woman quickly poured some on top of Jane's burn. Jane had to hold back an 'ooohh' because the cold water felt so good on it.