Airplanes (Part 4)

TW: Cussing, so much cussing, The Aragon's in all their chaotic glory, Aramour focused, but the other ships make cameo's, the first three parts are only 1,000 words, this one is 4,000, the longest one - shot I've ever written, so there's that, sex talk, they literally just say the word sex twice, um, gossip, someone help Catherine, her parents are a disaster, CHAOS.

Let's play a game of did you know.

Did you know that Catherine's parents have no sense of personal space?

Did you know that they also can't for the life of them see social cues?

Did you know that they somehow booked the exact flight that Jane was on?

Did you know that they continuously asked Catherine when she was going to bring a nice boy home, and marry him?

You didn't?

Well you do now.

"Catherine, when does the flight leave?"

"7."

"Catherine, when are we leaving?"

"5:30."

"Catherine, what time is it?"

"8."

"What time should we wake up?"

"4."

"That's awfully early isn't it?"

"Yes."

"Catherine -"

"Hey! So I'm gonna go ahead and go to sleep, so I can be well rested. Mom, ask Dad your never ending list of questions."

Catherine stood up, and walked to her room. Once she'd gotten inside and locked the door she called Jane.

"Hey, how's work?"

"Just got off a flight, you have impeccable timing Lina."

"I know, so do my parents."

"Hey, what flight are you on?"

"714 to Spain."

"......"

"Angel?"

"Lina, don't freak out."

"Well telling me to not freak out, is freaking me out."

"That's my flight."

"What!?" Catherine whisper shouted while leaning forward.

This was not good. Not. At. All. Catherine's parents were either going to have a field day with the fact that she slept with someone she met on a plane, or would respond violently and disown her. Obviously one reaction was better than the other, but Catherine wasn't even relatively prepared to deal with her parents' antics at an accelerated level.

She couldn't even deal with them when they didn't have real information on her.

"Um, Lina?"

"Still here, just about to burst into tears out of pure stress. What's up?"

"Why do they still not know you're dating someone?"

"Because they are the most nosy people in the world, and they'd try to get a background check on you, and hire someone to stalk you."

"I feel like you're overreacting a little bit."

"Just wait until you meet them, you'll have murderous thoughts running around your brain all day. Sometimes I imagine holding a screwdriver and just.......... driving it into their hands just to get them to shut up for longer than 2 seconds. And for that lovely moment of shock that would splatter on their faces."