39. Amelia

It was a beautiful ceremony. Amelia couldn't imagine a more ideal setting for a wedding. Gracie looked so radiant as she recited her vows and Derek teared up when he placed the ring upon her finger.

Amelia was also fighting back tears. She was suddenly overcome by an intense feeling of joy. She always cried at weddings. It was a really special moment to witness two strangers joined together by love and a deeper connection, that sometimes couldn't be explained. Amelia knew that sometimes there weren't any correct words to describe the way someone made you feel.

Like the way Chase made her feel. She secretly glanced at him and saw that he was deep in thought. It was nothing more than a miracle that she was able to open herself up to him. On the other hand, he was the kind of person who made letting go of her past easy. He didn't scare her. She felt that she was safe with him.

"And now, by the power vested in me, I hereby pronounce you husband and wife. You may now kiss," the officiant declared.

Gracie and Derek clutched each other and kissed like they'd been waiting for this moment all their lives. Everyone erupted in cheers and laughter. Chase eyes were sparking with joy and everyone was feeling the love that poured out of the newlyweds.

The photographer approached them for pictures and the wedding party spent the next hour being positioned for the perfect shots to commemorate this special day.

When she was placed next to Chase for a picture, he leaned down and whispered softly in her ear, "You look lovely."

The low husky tone of his voice sent shivers down her spine and gave her goosebumps in ninety degree weather. She blushed but didn't get the chance to reply; she was moved next to Janet for another picture.

Chase's eyes lingered on her as she smiled for the camera. She wondered if he knew the effect his voice had on her. She was feeling all warm and tingly inside. In contrast, another part of her was clenched tight as her mind flashed back to the sexy growl he made when he was inside her.

She managed to take a break and stood under the shade of some short palm trees as Derek and Gracie were photographed together. The guys and Janet were standing in a circle talking. Chase made his way over to her. A knowing smile played on his lips as he came closer.

When he was near enough he said, "hi."

"Hi," she replied.

He stood casually next to her, but his hands brushed hers and he gripped her fingers behind the folds of her dress. He laced his fingers with hers and his thumb swept over her knuckles in a soft motion.

She leaned closer into him. He bent his head and spoke directly into her ear.

"You look ravishing. I'm dying to taste your lips."

She sucked in a deep breath as she made eye contact with him and saw the fire burning in his eyes.

She wanted to be kissed by him, but it will have to wait. Gracie was waving to her.

"You can kiss me all you want, but later. I think Gracie needs me."

He gave a small sigh, "later I'll do so much more than just kiss you baby."

There was a mischievous smirk on his lips. He gave her hands a slight squeeze and then released her. She walked towards Gracie, but not before glancing back over her shoulder, to find him standing with his hands in his pockets, watching her move farther away from him.

How she wished that she could spent all day with him, just him and no one else.

"Lia, I'm going to change my dress. It's almost time for the cake. Can you just run over to the reception area and make sure that everything is ready?"