23. Amelia

Gracie had showed up at Amelia's door as she was getting out the bathroom. Once Amelia let her in, she flew around the room like a hurricane as she got dressed and did her hair and makeup. She even tried to dress Amelia and do her makeup too. But Amelia didn't let her. Though they were best fiends, their style was completely different. Gracie was more daring and vibrant, while Amelia preferred safe and comfortable.

It clearly showed in their outfits. Gracie was sheathed in a while body-con dress that bared her midriff and hugged her curves. Her should length black hair was swept back on one side with a cute pearl clip. She finished off her look with a bold red lip and stilettos.

Amelia was feeling pretty good after the day she had, so she decided she wanted to look cute, but spare herself the pain of wearing shoes that hurt her feet all night. She picked a burgundy mini skirt that looked like it was leather, but it really wasn't. She pair it with a ruffled sleeveless V-neck black bodysuit. She didn't do anything with her hair. It was the way she always wore it, straight with a side part, bangs swept to the side. A pair of black block heel dress sandals and a nude lip finished the look.

"What do you think?" Gracie asked and did a twirl so Amelia could assess her look. 

"Beautiful." Amelia told her with emotion. She looked like a bride all dressed in white.

"Thanks. You know you didn't tell me how it went with Chase," Gracie said while staring at herself in the mirror.

"Oh." Amelia blushed and Gracie caught her before she could hide her reaction.

Turning around to face Amelia, Gracie's mouth opened in shock. "Oh my God, tell me, did something happen?"

"Yes."

She grabbed Amelia's hand and dragged her over to the sofa. With a little push, "sit and tell me everything."

"We sort of kissed."

"Sort of? Or actually kissed? Which is it?"

"Kissed, well he kissed me and then I kissed him back and then couple minutes later it happened again."

"Wait, you're going too fast! How and when did he kiss you?"

And Amelia told her everything while Gracie sat quietly and absorbed the information. She didn't interrupt as Amelia relayed the events of her day. When she was done Gracie was staring at her in awe.

Then her expression got serious and she said, "Ame, you have to know something about him."

"Is it something bad?" She asked in a quiet voice.

Amelia got scared at the look on Gracie's face. Please don't be bad she pleaded internally, please, I really like him.

"It depends on how you want to look at it."

This doesn't sound good Amelia thought. She needed to know before she kept entertaining feelings for him. She'd promised him that she would keep seeing him. Did she make a huge mistake? Please God no, please. He couldn't be a terrible person.

"What is it?" She asked Gracie and prepared herself for the answer.

"He was engaged to someone."

"Engaged? When? How long ago was that?"

"A long time, eight years ago."

"What happened? Why didn't he get married? They broke off the engagement?"

"She died."