Musical Oneshots two: Sad Song

2Bxchild!readerx9S
Triggers: mentions death
Genre: angst
I'm sorry
Also I love Devola and Poppola and I don't know why???
Idk that literally came out of left field

You and I, we're like fireworks and symphonies exploding in the sky

9S and 2B pretended to run from the tiny four year old named Y/N, who was pretending to be a "big scary monster." All three of them were laughing and smiling in a rare moment of peace that the resistance camp could offer them.

"I'm gonna get you mommy!" Y/N exclaimed, grabbing onto her leg.

"Oh no!" 2B said dramatically. "Whatever shall I do?"

With you, I'm alive, like all the missing pieces of my heart they finally collide

9S didn't know when it happened, or how, but he knew that he cared for 2B. He made the mistake of confiding in Y/N, which opened him up to a lot of childish teasing.

"9S and 2B sitting in a tree, K-I-S-S-I-N-G! First comes love, then comes marriage, then comes a baby in a baby carriage!" Y/N chanted. 9S chuckled in amusement.

"Where did you learn that rhyme?" He asked them.

"Uncle Pascal found it in a children's storybook! All the children in his village know it by heart and they taught me!"

So stop time right here in the moonlight, cause I don't ever wanna close my eyes

"Aunt Poppie? Is daddy okay?" The red-haired android turned around in surprise to see Y/N, clutching a well-worn teddy bear. "Where's mommy?"

Devola, who was currently working on repairing 9S's damage, shared a look of dread with her sister. How could they tell a child of something so awful?

"I've heard about a place called heaven before, is that where mommy is? Can I visit her?"

Poppola crouched down so she could look the child in the eye. "No, going to heaven is forever. But she'll watch over you. She'll be in the wind that touches your hair and the flowers you find in the ground. Mommy might not be able to hug you anymore, but she's never out of your heart. And you're never out of her mind."

"You really believe that?" Y/N asked, eyes wide in wonder.

Poppola didn't, but she didn't dare let the child know. So she nodded her head before going back to work on 9S.

"Then I'll wait for daddy to wake up! Then I'll tell him all about heaven!"

Without you, I feel broke, like I'm half of a whole

9S desperately wanted to escape reality. He woke up in the resistance camp's med-bay, and 2B wasn't nearby. Y/N, thankfully, was, and they were sitting on the bed next to his, waiting for him to wake up.

"Mommy's gone," Y/N said, talking to her teddy bear. "She's gone to a beautiful place called heaven. That suits her well, don't you think, Mr. Teddy? Mommy was really pretty. But it's okay Mr. Teddy, because mommy's not gone, like what Aunt Poppie said. She'll protect me like you do. Then when I'm big and pretty like her, I'll join her in heaven and we'll be together with daddy."

"....pod, I need to watch over Y/N," 9S said to his pod. "I'm not going to give up on them. The tower is not my priority now."

"Proposal: leave Y/N at the resistance camp. Unit should investigate tower." 9S rolled his eyes at the pod's suggestion.

"Hey daddy, I missed you!" Y/N said, climbing up onto 9S's lap. "Are you feeling better?"

"I'm...better now that you're here, pumpkin," 9S said, stroking Y/N's hair.