Scandalous Picnics

Adam x human!reader x Eve

So kuroneki  requested a oneshot where Adam and Eve take the reader on a picnic date and BattleDroid1106 wanted a scenario where YorHa units caught the reader in a relationship with Adam and Eve. Now this was requested ageesssss ago and now that I'm writing with some spirit again I figured I should get this done.

I hope you don't mind the merging of requests

Genre: Fluff/comedy at first, then the angst hits hard

Triggers: death (oh wow can I write a oneshot without death for these two??? Not anymore 💀)

—————————————

  As always, it was a bright and sunny day when you all but dragged Adam and Eve to a picnic date. Despite having been in a relationship with the two machine brothers for several weeks now, you had yet to go on a date; they had insisted that it was far too dangerous.

  And while you understood where they were coming from, you had always wanted to go on a picnic date before the whole machine war had started.

"Eve," you giggled. "Are you going to put me down?"

Eve laughed and stuck his tongue out at you. "Never puny human! Fear me!" He then proceeded to run around the old shopping complex, you squealing and laughing from his shoulders.

Adam, who was carrying the basket of food, watched you two fool around before saying with a chuckle, "The food won't stay warm as long as you keep fooling around." 

   As if by magic, your stomach growled at the mention of the food, and so you and Eve galloped back to Adam, who had set up the blanket.

"What did you pack?" You asked excitedly, watching as Adam carefully lifted various dishes from the basket.

"Some sandwiches, apples, that sort of thing."

"Aw brother did you pack any good food?" Eve groaned. "Those foods are boring."

You picked up a moose meat sandwich and smirked. "It's only boring if you let it."

From there it was like a magical whirlwind of storytelling, as both of the machine brothers expressed their love of the way you told certain human tales.

    Unfortunately, however, your peaceful moments were soon interrupted.

    "Report: there appears to be a human hostage with the units known as Adam and Eve. Proposal: place rescuing said  hostage on a higher priority."

    A laser beam cut through the shopping facility, and you let out a shriek when it blazed past you.

    Adam and Eve stood up protectively in front of you, watching the two androids in front of them warily. You prayed this was only a dream.

    "Release the human, and we won't harm you," one of them said. Adam merely chuckled at this.

     "We're not letting them go," the two brothers said in unison. This led the other Android to deploy her weapons, and you had just a few short seconds to get behind some cover.

    Because you closed your eyes and covered your ears, you couldn't really tell who was winning, only that there was a lot of chaos, a lot of noise, and that you regretted dragging them out for a picnic.

    "Hey, c'mon, you're safe now! You won't have to worry about those foul machines anymore!"

   Someone was trying to pull you to your feet-someone who wasn't Adam or Eve.

     Opening your eyes, you realized that Adam had been impaled, and Eve was honing in on that fact so much that he hadn't noticed the Android getting close to you. It was the perfect opportunity to take you away.

   But seeing Adam's limp body, watching as he struggled to breathe, sent alarm bells throughout your body.

    With a sudden surge of strength, you managed to flip the Android onto his back and broke out of his grip. You collapsed next to Adam, tears silently filling your eyes.

    "I'm so sorry!" You cried, burying your head into the crook of his neck. "It's my fault we were here...if we'd stayed in the copied city it wouldn't have come to this!"

   Eve held your hand, squeezing it as he, too, was overcome by jerking sobs.

    "Hey..." Adam whispered, his voice breaking. "It's alright...you two are going to be okay."

    "But you're dying! And it's my fault! How can things be okay?!"

    Adam tenderly tucked a strand of hair beneath your ear, tenderly stroking your jawline. "Because I'm not alone, and neither will you. I love you."

    With that, the hand that had stopped on your check fell to the floor, and the ragged breaths of one of your lovers ceased completely.

    Eve howled as Adam's body grew colder, but he soon got up, murderous rage in his eyes.

   But the androids had already gone, the shrill scream of pure grief and rage ringing in their ears.

    The screams of those left behind can be unbearable.

—————————————

I just-

Wow

Okay sorry that didn't really involve a picnic like at aLL

And also this should have come out around the same time as Heartbeat and I'm Not That Girl

Will I write fluff again?

Hopefully

But hey angst gives me more plot ideas sooooo

Anyways hope you enjoyed!