Somebody that I used to know

Absquatulate- to leave without saying goodbye

  GN!Reader x Eve angst
General spoilers, and some yandere at the end??

genuinely no clue why it's easy to write eve as a yandere?? idk might do headcanons on that.

.......................

You loved Eve. Truly, there was no dying that basic fact.

  But you couldn't be there for him. Not in the way that he needed; not in the way that he wanted you to be. The toll it was taking to even try and come close was exhausting; more than you could bear. 

   So...one day, while gathering supplies, you separated from Eve and quietly cut off all forms of communication; knowing that he'd simply hack into the android communication systems if you kept using it.

   Cruel as it was, for him and for you, the decision was made and the actions were set in place. You snuck aboard a large cruise ship, easy enough given that due to the sheer size, most of the machine lifeforms didn't even give you a second glance, and went in search of somewhere away from the pain of your past.

  Sometimes, once you were comfortably settled in an extremely dense and isolated locale, you allowed yourself to think about what could have been, the person you'd left behind.

     There were moments when you forgot he wouldn't be able to help you fish, or carry some piece of wood to where you needed it. It was easy to hear his laughter in the wind, the currents of the rivers. 

   But his eyes...those piercing red eyes never left; you saw them in every flash of red, each berry and every red stone. Perhaps in another life, you wouldn't have to make this sort of life; you wouldn't need to run and force this insurmountable distance. But perhaps you simply were nothing more than a coward, someone who decided the easiest path was the best, even if the damage dealt was immeasurable. 

   Who knew?

  But the machine brother who had once been so loving and sweet towards you never forgot a moment; analyzing every interaction to see what had gone wrong.

  He'd never let you go. Even if he had to cross thousands of miles. Even if he had to drag you back kicking and screaming...

  Eve was never going to forgive you for the hurt you caused him. Enjoy your peace and solitude...while it lasts.