Not-So-Silent Reverie

Hey guys!!! Sorry I haven't been updating recently... Life is chaotic lol.

To celebrate my birthday I wrote this oneshot which took longer than expected but whatever

Hope you enjoy it!!

————————————

Adam x Reader

It's not actually clarified if it's romantic or platonic so it can be seen as either or.

Blurb: he should have known better than to find you copies of your favorite books.

Let's goooo

—————————————

"Y/N? What are you doing at this hour?"

   You glanced up at your doorway, a guilty smile on your face. The artificial sun in the copied city had long set, and the false moon made the person frowning at you almost glow. It was...wow.

   "I couldn't stop?" You replied sheepishly, turning off your flashlight and slowing working your way out of your blanket nest. "I haven't...I haven't read these books in years so it's like reconnecting with friends I haven't seen in years."

   He hummed as he stepped closer to you, the mattress dipping as he joined you. "Even so, you humans needed sleep so that you would remain in good health."

   "I know..." you sighed. "But I guess I didn't realize how much I missed...well, night. Here, it's false, but it's...calmer."

He didn't say much in response, only giving a nod or humming in acknowledgment at appropriate times. Despite your feeble protests to keep the book with you, he gently placed it on the top shelf, where you couldn't reach it.

"No fair! I wasn't done with it yet!"

He laughed, quiet so as to not wake up Eve. Laughing as he did now, you thought of several goats, had they sought ways to train their voices, would sound very similar.

"Come now, the hour is late. You need to have your rest."

He gently tucked you back in properly, despite your protests. It was as if he didn't trust you to not climb up the shelf the second he left. Rude.

When he was satisfied, he turned to head out the door, back to his own room, but you had snuck a hand out and grabbed onto his hand.

"Hey...do you think you could stay the night with me? I...I'm having trouble sleeping."

He chuckled again, less like a goat this time. "So long as you try getting some rest, Y/N."

You nodded and opened the covers, much to Adam's chagrin, to let him join you. The bed was large enough to fit everyone who lived in the copied city; you lost track of how often you'd end up with both brothers next to you.

So as soon as the two of you were in a good position (tonight, it seemed, you were to be the little spoon) to get the covers back into place, you still had ample room to move.

"Now, are you comfortable?" Adam asked, running his fingers through your hair.

   "Mmm...m cozy..." you mumbled drowsily, leaning into his touch.

He laughed and pressed a chaste kiss to your temple. Just like he'd done many times before.

   "If you say so. Rest now."

   You furrowed your brow, trying to will sleep to come to you, but it remained just out of reach- even though you were already drowsy.

    Your bedmate was familiar with this pattern at this point. His fingers began threading through your hair, gently tugging strands into loose braids before taking them out and repeating the process. He'd always been fascinated by your hair, and jumped at the chance to play with it.

     The vibrations from his chest was a comfort as he began to hum in an attempt to lull you into a peaceful slumber.

    It must have worked, because the next time you were aware of anything, Eve had taken Adam's spot (except he had insisted on being the little spoon) and Adam was bringing you some breakfast in bed.

     Don't worry. Adam gave you your book back.