I'm Not That Girl

I was listening to the song I'm not that girl from wicked and I was like "hey I haven't tried my hand at Hanahaki since Loving you too late" so naturally I had to do something.

9SxDying!Readerx2B

Triggers: Blood, death, unrequited love, etc.

Genre: Angst.

Get your tissues out, my goal is to bring forth the waterworks.

This isn't a songfic, but you should listen to the song while you read.

The italics are the reader's thoughts, I wanted to try something new with this.

---------------------------------------------------------------

To everyone in the resistance camp, you, 9S, and 2B were like the three musketeers. You took care of each other, and while you couldn't fight alongside them, you acted as the medic and if necessary, an ambassador to avoid unneeded conflict.

   Why oh why does his favorite flower have to be roses?

   To those in the bunker, you were truly an angel, giving everyone new hope and fresh courage despite machine advances.

   But to 9S, you were, unfortunately, a friend.

   That is all.

  But I love you, I love you, I love you, I love...

   As you were a human, of course, you could tell when 9S began pining for 2B and vice versa. That's when the flowers-and the blood-first made themselves known.

   First, it was a severe coughing fit that left you weak and gasping for breath.

Next was the smell of blood, metallic and salty.

Finally came the roses, which scratched your throat with their thorns and with pink petals that were morbidly beautiful with your crimson blood.

The pain I go through for you...

   You knew that if you told 9S and 2B you were sick, they'd do anything to save your life.

  Even if they had to break each other's hearts.

  So I'll just watch and smile as you find solace, although my heart breaks as you go through an endless cycle of death and life.

   So you stayed silent. Throughout the machine war, you cried for the losses of both sides. You cried for Adam, who could have learned all that he wished to know if he approached you as an ally and not a foe. You cried for Eve, who loved his brother dearly and lost the only family he had.

  But 2B and 9S were constants. No matter how often you saw them die, they'd always come back from the bunker and you'd pick up from where the three of you had left off.

  I know you're concerned for me. I am too weak to fight in missions anymore.  But I cannot tell you. I cannot break 2B's heart.

At least, before the bunker was infected with a terrifying virus that made the YorHa androids turn on each other. You watched in horror as the soldiers on the ground shrieked in pain, before turning on you.

That is when you ran. You ran like you never ran before, racing for your life in a desperate chase you knew you couldn't win.

You were successfully able to reach the Resistance Camp, where Anemone was quick to get you inside your room, where she posted guards outside to keep you safe.

9S, oh 9S, where are you? Where is 2B? Why is this happening to us? I thought we had this war...

You didn't know how much time had passed before your door was opened, and 9S lay unconscious on one of the medical beds. 2B was nowhere to be seen.

"Excuse me," you asked Poppola, the nicer of the two androids, "What happened? Where's 2B at?"

I can't believe this happened to you. You, 9S, deserve the best.

9S was...a wreck after he woke up.

He had lost his partner, his operator, and the Commander to the cold darkness of space and time. There would be no backup for them.

By some miracle, he still had you.

Now you too must find meaning. I am sorry I have to leave you.

At this point, it was far too late for you to be saved. You knew you were dying. It was only a manner of when the disease decided to claim you as another victim. 

9S frantically searched for a cure for your mysterious disease, but you knew his efforts would be in vain.

  I'm sorry, Nines. So, so, sorry. My body is weak. Even if I was cured, I would be at risk of infections or worse.

     One morning, you felt a change. Your time was swiftly approaching.

  9S was on a mission; he'd get to you far too late for you to explain. So you called for Anemone, who sat by your side and wrote down everything you said.

  I love you, Nines, forever and always.

 When 9S finally returned, you were gone. Anemone had wrapped your body in a blanket and had a coffin built for you. He couldn't fathom what was going on. You had promised him that you would always be there. Why were you being lowered into what he now knew as a grave?

When your box had been completely covered with dirt, 9S realized that now all humans truly were dead. You had been the last one.

 He had no purpose.

 He had no reason to live.

He had nothing to fight for.

He had nothing to lose.

In his despair, the letter you had left for him lay forgotten on his bed. His only thought was revenge; revenge for you and 2B, for Operator 21O, and for the Commander. 

Everything else would have to wait.

-------------------------------------------

Dang two angsts in one day I am b r u t a l. 

Good news! This is the last of them for now! Next, we'll see a little date with Adam and Eve so stay tuned for that!