Grimoire: Housemates

Nier x Fem!Reader
Angst and fluff? I don't know??
I'll probably make another part to this with some hurt and comfort idk
It takes place early in act two.

*if anyone can't tell Nier is the character I fricking S I M P for like idk every time he speaks it's just music to my ears and I love him so fricking much like yes UGH can we just talk about how much he grew? The boy went from adorable to "HOLY MOTHER OF PEARL CAN I MARRY YOU?!?" In the span of a couple minutes. I did not miss how his voice got deeper U G H the boy does things to my heart so HERE. Take this totally not self indulgent oneshot!*

——————————————-

  It had been five long years since the Shade had attacked your village. You were lucky enough to be able to find shelter in a home that was small and even had a way of providing food.

Was the house yours? No, not really. But whoever had lived there wasn't there when you'd arrived, almost on death's door. So you'd come in and tidied things up. You, ever the optimist, had told yourself that things would work out and that you'd probably get yourself a nice housemate.

Now you're not so sure.

"It appears someone has lived here since we were away," a voice had said. From your spot from under the bed, you could see one pair of boots, yet you heard two voices. Either you had been more injured than you thought or ghosts decided to make a problem.

"Obviously Weiss, they left a fire burning. Whoever it was probably thought it was a sick joke."

  You covered your mouth with your hand, not wanting to cry out and give yourself away. Instead, you looked at your right leg and frowned. It didn't bother you as much as it did when you were first injured but the loss of movement in it still stung. It would prevent you from defending yourself or fleeing if you had to.

"That might be, why don't you ask them?"

  "Because they're not here?"

"You are much more of a fool than I thought. Look under the bed, boy."

  You could have moved back, and in fact you felt yourself push back, even though the small space was cramped enough already. Instead you were stuck and only able to watch as the boots turned to face the bed before the stranger crouched down to look under the bed.

   "Hey, what are you doing in my house?" He asked. His tone sounded...torn, as if he wasn't sure to be mad or not.

  "I uh, needed somewhere to rest and lay low for a while," you explained, trying to muster up some form of courage-I mean the guy had blood splatter on his face, how were you supposed to not be scared or intimidated?

  The man reached out and grabbed you by your forearm before all but dragging you out from underneath the bed. "Then why not stay in the shopping district?" He asked, releasing your arm when he had basically forced you to your feet.

    You bit the inside of your cheek to keep yourself from yelping as you grabbed the closest thing to you to keep you on your feet.

  Which happened to be his arm and he took to your unexpected clinginess well...not very well.

  "What gives?" He snapped. "What is your problem?" He sharply withdrew his arm, and you promptly stumbled to the ground.

  "Sorry," you muttered, face flushed red. "I have a bad leg and my walking stick is by the door," you explained, staring intensely at the floor. This was not how you expected your first meeting with the house owner to go.