Remember Me (Not)

Yet another requested oneshot!

This one is for the first time a

9S x human!reader oneshot!

(For this one the gender of the reader is female, sorry that's just easier for me and for the male reader x 9S, well I want that to be fluffy so that request won't be combined with this one.)

This was requested by Mangacook

And it's angst.

I feel kinda weird not using Adam and Eve for once it's odd but I don't mind the androids need love too.

This took me way too long to write-

TW: head injuries, amnesia, death by suicide (I made some medical conditions up to fit in, so-)

I got lazy with the ending, sorry

———————————————-

Second POV

    You'd been able to adapt surprisingly well to your new environment, all things considered.

    When you had lived with other humans, you had always found yourself a bit of an outcast. See, your parents never thought it necessary for you or them to have the latest cell phone model or the trendiest outfits. You didn't mind the decision, in fact you thought those things were a waste of time.

    You, my dear reader, devoted yourself to research. From as far back as you could remember, you read every book you could get your hands on. Each time a subject grabbed your attention, you poured your heart and soul into learning more.

   Thus, you often sat alone, and even your coworkers would gossip about your habits.

   Back then, you would have been content to fade into the background. Your knowledge didn't seem to be of use to anyone anyways.

    That, of course, was then.

Now, your seemingly endless store of stories and knowledge was useful for once. Your boyfriend, 9S, lived to hear you answer his many questions. Your memory was better than he expected, and that was simply the cherry on top.

"Hey! Hey! Y/N, please, answer me!"

At least, until now.

A voice...you couldn't say for certain who has spoken. Your vision was blurry, and...what was that wetness on your head? What had happened?

"Huh? Who's...who's talking? What's going on?"

The words sat heavy on your tongue, and you were vaguely aware of the figure above you frantically answering your delirium-induced questions.

You never heard what the answers were before the black spots dancing in your vision completely eclipsed it, leaving you in the echoes of your consciousness.

   When you woke up again, you found yourself laying on a medical cot, at the end of a row of empty cots. That is, except for the cot next to yours.

  "Ugh...my head hurts," you groaned, finding bandages wrapping around the top of your head.

   "Y/N!" You're awake!"

    'Y/N? That...that's my name. Right?' You thought.

    "Sorry. Um, how long was I out?"

    The person who spoke had neat red hair, and they sighed worriedly. "You were out of it for several hours. 9S hasn't moved since he brought you here."

   Tears welled up in your eyes as you realized, to your frustration, that the name 9s refused to ring any bells.

    "I don't remember!" You exclaimed. "I don't remember him!"

   "Oh dear," the red haired girl said. "Your head wound was worse than I thought. I'll tell 2B and 9S when he wakes up. You need to rest."

   By the time you and 9S had finally woken up at the same time as each other, both of you were made well aware of your new condition.

   The blow to your head had caused serious trauma, which ended up giving you amnesia. 9S thought the effects could be reversed by taking you places the two of you had often frequented on your dates together...but it was to no avail. Your memories were stubbornly sealed away.

    But you were strong, right?

   The two of you would pull through, right?

   Unfortunately, as 9S had his own cycle of forgetting about you, your mental state spiraled to a dangerous low.

  You stood on the top of a building, your arms outstretched

   Remember me, once in a while;

   Falling in the openness of the sky, a single tear fell down your cheek as you realized that it was well and truly over for you.

   Please promise me you'll try

   You never felt the impact of the ground, nor did you hear the agonized cries of 9S when he caught up to you.

   We never said our love was evergreen, or as unchanging as the sea

      All you felt was peace. You finally remembered everything, and though you were sad to go, you were happy to finally remember the one you loved.

   But if you can still remember, spare a thought for me

——————————————————-

Lazy ending, I'm sorry

Yes I did throw in a bit of phantom of the opera lyrics I thought they fit in with the scene

Anyways sorry the request took so long to get to!