No Translations

Mermaid!Reader x 9S

Wow under the sea literally came on as I started writing this AOWIDHAJKDSKKS

anyways moving on

I have a mermaid reader x adam/eve request this is just like a test run

Genre: fluff idk what the plot became but hush mermaid love

Y/N- your name
F/C- favorite color
Yeet

Anyways writing in bold is when you're talking in your special mermaid language

Also also when referring to reader's species I used merkin for a more gender-nonspecific so yeah

Anyways hope you like!

—————————————-

    The machine war hadn't impacted your life to a devasting scale.

    In fact none of the other mythical creatures were bothered much by the death of humans. If anything, everything just became better at hiding.

    Then there was you.

    Sweet, curious, and imaginative you.

   And your friend.

   "Hey Y/N!" A familiar voice called. Grinning ear to ear, you leaped out of the water, landing right on top of your friend, who laughed at your antics.

  "9S! You're back!" You chirped, though the android beneath you had a limited understanding of what you had said.

   "Have you been practicing your hand signs?"

     You looked away and let out a small whine. It wasn't strictly your fault you hadn't been able to lately-you were just so busy!

     When 9S started to laugh at you, you glared at him, splashing him with your f/c tail.

   "Hey! Hey! That's okay!" 9S exclaimed. "You're fine!"

  The two of you lounged on an old ruined building that provided the perfect spot for you to heave yourself out of the water and for him to relax with you.

    "Wait! I have something for you!" You trilled, remembering a small present you had found the other day. You turned around and dove into the water, leaving 9S to watch, mesmerized at the way your body moved and rippled like a wave of its own until they were out of sight.

   "9S, what are you doing?" 2B asked from behind him.

    "Oh, I'm visiting Y/N, she has a surprise for me!" He replied.

   2B nodded and stood from the top of the crumbled building. "I'll make sure you won't have to worry about a machine ambush."

    "Thank you!" 9S exclaimed. Sure, 2B never really said much about his...friendship? Courtship? How would the merkin describe their relationship? But her support was more than appreciated.

   "Pretty sea star! Just like you!" You broke him out of his reverie, once again knocking him beneath you.

  He smiled and took the small, pinkish-red starfish and put it on his hair, laughing as you cooed and fussed over its position.

  Once you were satisfied with it, you curled yourself around 9S, using your admittedly massive tail as a form of almost-not quite blanket.

  Before you closed your eyes to sleep, you looked 9S in the eyes and kissed him quickly, on the tip of his nose.

   "Love you!"

   Those words...well it didn't matter whether or not 9S actually understood you. Your actions spoke louder than whatever you had said-and who needed a translation for what was so plain and simple?

   He smiled at you, wrapping his arms around your neck and pulling you closer.

    "I love you too," he whispered.

   Your excited trills, chirps, and squeals told him all he needed to know.

—————————————-

Okay first of all

I got to open this page and I get a thing saying that this is almost eligible to enter into the 2021 wattys

Like what the heck

Thank you guys so much I wouldn't have gotten that if it wasn't for your reads, comments, votes, or requests!!!

I'll probably enter this story once I mark it at complete (not gonna be anytime soon! I wanna get this story to all 200 chapters before I call quits on it!) Yea a little ambitious but still

Now then about the merkin culture I decided to make:

Well it's probably not a huge surprise that merkin like pretty things. Like that's a common thing in stories.

  And I also went ahead and said that the other mythological creatures were alive and well, I still say that's true since like well, they're mythical creatures so yeah

I also took inspiration from a lot of merkin stories I found recently

Thank you for reading, I can't wait to see you in the next part!