Stay Alive...for me?

I have a lot of requests I need to do I'm sorrry I went back and realized half of the requests were from May I feel like it's September my brain is dead

Anyways I was asked to make a male reader x Adam oneshot (they asked for cuddles and I said okay and then threw in angst because pretty sure someone asked for  something like this anyways at some point.

Dev_fps34Az sorry I am so bad at remembering your requests T^T

Triggers: Blood, death, slight gore

Genre: Angst

Idk I'm in a very angsty writing mood

Pairing: Adam x Male!human!reader

Y/N = your name

L/N = last name

———————

2nd POV (I think?)

It was a miracle that you'd been able to hide in the Copied City.

    It was going to be another miracle if you didn't kill Adam for his elaborate-yet-incredibly-stupid scheme for understanding death. If 2B didn't kill him first.

   Currently, Y/N knew that he would be in big trouble. Especially if YorHa found him not only involved with the enemy, but deeply in love with one of them, the consequences would be....pretty bad. So he stayed low, living in the Copied City.

    "Alert: human life form detected."

    "Shoot!" You whispered, ducking away into a deeper part of the Copied City. If you'd known 2B was coming today you'd have gone fishing with Eve.

  "I'll find and get the human after finding 9S."

   You sighed, but followed 2B as she went further into the Copied City, careful to avoid detection.

    You knew Adam intended to face 2B to the death here, and if you couldn't do anything to help him fight, you at least wanted to make sure he wasn't alone.

   "9S!" You heard her explain, and you knew their battle had started.

   Watching from behind a pile of rubble, you could only watch in horror as Adam seemed to be losing. Each well timed strike from 2B's sword knocked him back further and further, until she was able to deliver the final blow. But your legs had started moving, and nothing was in your mind but thoughts of saving Adam.

    The sword cut through your tender flesh, making a squelching sound as it slashed at your chest. The reaction was immediate.

  "Y/N!" Adam exclaimed, dropping to your side and putting pressure on the gaping wound. "Please, please say something!"

You smiled at him, even as 2B backed away in shock of what she'd done and even as you felt your life blood relentlessly stain the whiteness of the Copied City.

"You're...so lucky that I love you," you said in a whisper before coughing up blood. "You can be such an idiot sometimes."

Adam chocked back sobs as he frantically tried to help stop the bleeding with what little first aid supplies he carried. "I know, but please, I can't make it without you!"

"Looks like...you're going to have to," you said softly. "I'm not going to make it."

"Don't say that! You're going to be fine."

2B took the opportunity to attempt to retrieve 9S, but Adam was quick to gather up 9S's body.

"Give him back!" She exclaimed.

Adam looked at your vulenerable form, his eyes softened. Then they hardened as he glowered at 2B. The hatred he had once praised her for feeing now overwhelmed him, and he knew what he had to do.

"Your 9S is precious to you. My Y/N was my lifeblood, my reason for living. It is your fault he is dead, and now," he grinned evilly, skillfully breaking the neck of the semi conscious 9S. "I shall return the favor."

2B howled as 9S's limp body dropped to the floor, but she was unable to do anything but walk out of the Copied City, having failed in her rescue mission.

"Hey," you coughed. "Was...was that necessary?"

His cloud of anger now cleared, Adam could see the damage that he had done. "Maybe not," he admitted, "but I don't regret it."

Now you truly were dying. Black creeped into your vision, and you had a hard time making Adam out. "Please...please don't let me die alone!" You gasped, tears spilling down your cheeks.

"Of course," Adam said, dropping to your side and cradling your head in his lap. "I won't...I won't let you die alone."

As you let the darkness of death overcome you, you let out a small sigh of contentment. "I love you, Adam," you murmured, before you closed your eyes and said nothing more.