Grimoire: Scars

So this is a oneshot that I really didn't know about posting?

It's not my best work but it's 2,038 words long and it's not doing anything sitting in a Google doc so here ig.

Fem!Y/N x Brother!Nier

Angst; hurt comfort

TW; light mentions of abuse, scars, yelling, mental breakdown (??? I'm fairly certain idk)

————————————-

Scars. Everybody had scars, no matter how small or big or oddly shaped.

You, of course, knew this well. From the base of your neck down, you had scars crossing over each other and trailing down your back. There were several on your chest and stomach but those were brought on during your seemingly endless war against the shades. Mostly.

Despite knowing that everyone would at some point gather their collection of scars, you were more than a little self-conscious of them, for more than one reason.

They reminded you of times where you were helpless to protect the people you loved and were a constant, nagging reminder of just how weak you were. That, and of your companions, Kaine and Nier seemed to walk away without any painful reminders of past scrimmages.

So naturally, you covered them up at all possible moments, even when sleeping next to your housemate, Nier.

However, as most secrets go, yours wasn't going to be a secret forever.

And it was all because a stranger pushed you into the moat around the shopping district.

"Y/N, are you alright?" Nier called, scrambling after you.

You groaned and sat up, the unpleasant feeling of wet socks making you even more upset than you already were. "I'm...fine, I guess," you huffed. Cautiously, you tested your arms and legs to make sure everything was in working order.

"That was quite a tumble young lady! May I remind you to keep your head up, hmm?"

You glared at Weiss for a moment. "That is how walking works. However, unlike some people, I am very prone to people shoving me out of the way!"

Nier sighed and helped you up while Weiss went on yet another one of his rants about treating him with respect.

"I'll see if Kaine or someone has any extra clothes you can borrow while your clothes dry," Nier suggested, picking you up.

The mere thought of wearing whatever Kaine thought was suitable for day wear turned your cheeks pink. "I'm fine, Nier," you sighed. "I'll be dry in a while."

Nier shook his head, and you huffed, realizing that further arguments would be futile.

A while later, you had gotten yourself freshened up slightly, although you certainly weren't a fan of the clothes Kaine had lent you if only to stop Nier from babying you.

So to keep some form of your modesty intact, you had wrapped the blanket from your shared bed around yourself to provide some form of coverage. That, and you knew one small move and all your scars would be visible.

"Hey, Y/N? Are you alright?"

You turned to see that Nier had cautiously entered the room, no doubt worried about walking in on you.

"Oh, yeah," you smiled softly. "I'm fine now, thanks."

You looked away, absentmindedly pulling the blanket tighter to you.