- 143 -

3rd person's P.O.V

"You know how much I hate surprises, Chris. Don't do me like that."
The older male chuckled at Emilia's words and bit his lower lip. Still covering her eyes with both of his hands, the couple continued to walk along the hallway.

"You're gonna love this one, trust me. Alright?"
She sighed deeply as response and pouted visibly, not saying anything anymore and just walking along. Not long after, her boyfriend suddenly stopped in his tracks and so did she, furrowing her eyebrows.

She heard the door opening and was urged to take a few steps forward before Chan finally took his hands away from her eyes, causing her to squint them and adjust to the lighting in the room. Even before she could say anything, eight other people stood in front of her yelling "happy birthday" at the same time.

Emilia stood there in complete shock, not knowing how to react while a wide smile appeared on her lips. She looked around to see everyone approaching her, pulling her into tight hugs and each wishing her "happy birthday" individually a second time. The female thanked them all one after one and got pulled into a hug by the familiar arms of Chan.

"Did you plan all this?"
Shaking his head, the male looked over to where the rest of his members and Liz stood, smiling at them shortly.
"We all did together. This is the first time all of us get to celebrate your birthday together and since you're my girlfriend, I've wanted this day to be memorable for you."

Blushing at his sweet words, she wrapped her arms around his waist one more time and pecked his cheek after thanking him for all of this as well.
Soon after, the group of ten was sitting in a large circle in the middle of the practice room, just talking and laughing to each other about the most random things.

A few minutes later, Jisung and Felix entered the room together again, holding a cake in their hands while everyone got up and started singing the birthday song. Emilia laughed once more due to how surprised she was and got up as well, blowing out the candles as soon as they've finished singing for her. Everyone cheered for her and excitedly put down the large chocolate cake, each getting a piece as soon as the female said they could.

She smiled as she saw the satisfied look on each of them and leaned into Chan's side, feeling one of his arms wrapping around her waist.
"I hope you like all of this. It's not much, I know, but we all still thought a little get together to celebrate would make you happy."

"It does! Thank you so much. I didn't really expect anything big, so this is better than any birthday I've had so far."
Smiling at her, Chan leaned down to connect his lips with hers, kissing her softly.
"Okay, okay, lovebirds. That's enough."
The couple broke apart and chuckled at Hyunjin's words.

A while later, Chan leaned down to his girlfriend's ear and whispered something, causing her to look up at him with raised eyebrows. He smiled and stood up, extending his hand towards her and waiting for her to grab it, pulling her up as well.
"We'll be right back. Okay?"
The others nodded at his words and got back to their conversations right after, only Liz watching as her best friend left the room together with the older male.

Stepping into another room, Chan slowly closed the door and walked over to her, chucking quietly as he saw how confused she was.
"I've wanted to give you my gift in private..."
Emilia immediately relaxed as she heard him saying that and pouted.
"You didn't have to get me anything, Chris."

"You say this all the time and I'm still getting you gifts. Anyway... I want you to know that in the almost one year we've been together, despite our downs, you've made me the happiest I've ever been and I wanna thank you for sticking with me now matter how tough it was sometimes. Thank you for believing in me when I'm at my lowest and being my motivation to get up in the morning. I want you to know that you're really special to me and I don't know what I'd do without you. I love you, Emilia, and I always will. So happy birthday to you one more time."

The female wiped her tears with the sleeves of the hoodies she was wearing and smiled, but breaking eye contact with him for a mere second. Because of that she saw the shiny dangling necklace in his right hand and gasped, immediately looking up again. Chan saw her reaction and smiled at that, telling her to turn around and clasped the necklace around her neck.

Right after this, the female looked down at it and chuckled.
"A 'C' for your name?"
The male smiled sheepishly and rubbed the back of his neck, his ears turning a light shade of red. Emilia giggled at that and wrapped her arms around him to pull him down a bit, kissing him softly. Chan immediately responded to the kiss and wrapped his arms around her waist, pulling her closer towards his body.

After a few seconds, she pulled away lightly, their lips still brushing against each other a little bit.
"I didn't say this back earlier, but I love you too, Chris. Thank you for everything you've done for me as well and I love this necklace a lot too."
Her boyfriend smiled against her reddened lips and pulled her into a hug right after.

The couple stayed like this a few more minutes and just enjoyed the proximity of their bodies, swaying from side to side occasionally.
Eventually, the two of them broke the hug and Chan took her hand into his again, looking at her with a small smile.
"Maybe we should get back to the others. We have prepared a few more things for you, baby. The night is not over yet...

Especially not for the two of us."

•——————————————————————•

A/N:
So uhm...
I'm 20 now 🧍🏼‍♀️