Everyone Part I

The next events take place on the day of Graduation of from Hogwarts. Class 1978.

Lily:

I wait for him to come. My hands shaking as always. I've been trying to see him for months. He doesn't want to see me. Severus hates me. I reckon. 

Maybe he would want to see me today. 

And I was right. I see him coming with a weird orange suit. He looks awful, with bag in his eyes. He doesn't smile at me like he always does. Instead he sits in front of me. Without saying a word. 

"You have five minutes" the guard says. 

Shit. I've been planning what to say to Severus but now that he is in front of me, I don't know what to say. 

"Sev..." I say "H-how... You've been?" I smile slightly. 

He doesn't answer. He just looks down.

"You know? Tuney got engaged yesterday" I don't know why I say that. I just want this to be less awkward. "With Vernon. Her ex. Dudley is happy that his parents are back together..."

"The guards said you've been coming to see me"

"Yeah..." I bite my lip

"Please stop" he says full of bitterness. 

"I'm really sorry Sev" I say with tears on my eyes

"It's not your fault Lily" he says "Is only mine" 

If I would've been there for him, perhaps... Arrg. I know that James says is not my fault, but I feel bloody guilty.

He seems embarrassed. "I think you should probably go" he starts leaving but I grab his hand. 

"No touching!" The guard says and I let his hand go.

"I was in our swings today" I say. He sits back again. I sniff "Remember we used to swing higher and higher? And then we would jump" 

Severus simply looks at me.

"I remember one particular evening that I fell and before I start crying, you gave me some candy and whispered 'You are brave Lily'". 

I have tears in my eyes remembering that day, and I can see Severus as well.

"I remember I thought, 'what a brave boy. How sweet he is'. Where is that boy Sev?" 

Severus starts crying 

"I'm sorry Lily" he sobs "I'm really sorry"

I want to hug him. But they won't let me. 

"I'm not angry with you" I cry

He sniffs "I wish I could change everything I did. But I did it for you Lily" he cries and cries "All for you. You're the only thing for me" 

I close my eyes in pain. I still love him. I still care for him. 

"It's fine" I smile between tears. He didn't know best. I mean Sirius and Regulus had each other, they had James and his other friends. Sev only had me and I failed him 

"You're still my best friend" I sniff

"You're still mine" he says "I will come out of here soon, you'll see"

"And I'll be waiting for you" 

I don't care what the guards say, I grab his hand. Tight. And he squeezes back. 

"I hope Potter makes you happy" he says "You deserve it Lily, you're an angel" 

"You..." I want to say he deserves better, but I don't.