Peter

AN: So this is kind of a redemption to the canon Peter who betrayed his friends. Also Trigger Warning of Low self-esteem, suicidal thoughts and gun violence.

"Thank you for coming with me mate" James says turning off the car.

"Sure Prongs" I answer smiling

I came with James to by some groceries for James' Birthday next week. He didn't want to do anything. He is still rather sad for his dad. But Mrs. Potter insisted on preparing James a lovely dinner. So she sent us to buy some stuff. Sirius and Remus couldn't come because they are on a bloody date. They are probably shagging or something. 

"It is your first birthday without him, right?" I ask carefully.

He sighs "Yeah"

"I reckon he is proud of you. Whenever he is" 

James smiles "I hope" 

With the corner of my eye, I see a shadow moving outside. 

"Did you see that?" 

James turns to look. "What?" 

"Nothing" Maybe is nothing "I thought I saw something"

We get into the store. And I help James to pick up whatever is in the list his mother gave him. 

"So how's therapy Wormy?" James asks "I feel I haven't asked you in a long time" 

"It's okay" I say. It's been kind of a nightmare sometimes. I mean I see myself fatter. But I haven't stopped eating. I keep excercising everyday. And I try not to eat to much junk food. But I see myself fat. Mom isn't any help. She reckons I'm starting to eat too much and that I'm gonna go back to my old self. I hate my old self. I hope that doesn't happen.

"Yeah? You look good mate. In a good shape" James says

"Are flirting with me?" 

He laughs 

"Don't you think I'm too fat?" I ask

"Not at all. You are fine" 

I smile. But I know James is lying. Anyway.

 I feel the presence of something. Someone following us. But I turn around and I don't see anyone.  Am I crazy?

"Prongs" 

"Mmm"

"I think someone is following us" I whisper

"What?" James looks around "No one is there. Just that old lady. Maybe she is flirting with you" 

James smirks. Maybe I'm crazy. I use to have nightmares now and then. Perhaps I'm allucinating things.

"Or maybe" James continues "Emmeline is following you around" he smiles "Are you going to give her a chance?" 

Shit. Emmeline. Is not that I don't love her, or miss her. I do. I think about her every day. But I don't know. Maybe I'm scared. Too insecure to be in a relationship right now. And besides. There's plenty of better good looking blokes she could date. Why me? 

"I don't know. Maybe" I say

"Look. If you fancy her, just give her a chance. You might end up being endgame like me and Lily" he smiles.

"What? Are you gonna marry her?" 

He blushes "I hope one day" 

I raise my eyebrow.

"Are you blushing?" I ask amused

"Oh shut up" 

"Yes, look at you!"