Lily

(Trigger Warning of Home Violence)

I take Dudley to the swings. It's almost Christmas so is snowy. Dudley likes the snow. And he loves the swings. Just like I used to love them when I was a kid. I miss my parents on December because it was the most beautiful month for us. Dad loved to decorate and Mom loved baking cookies. We had a lot of fun. 

I sight. I'm seating at the bench watching Dudley play. I see Sev coming towards me and I smile. He loves wearing black clothes and he is using sunglasses.

"Hi Lils" he kisses my cheek.

"Why are you wearing sunglasses?" I ask

"What? Is freaking cool. I look cool" I know for a fact that Sev' doesn't give a shit about his looks."Is cold. There's not even sunshine"

He raises his shoulders. I take out his sunglasses carefully and there I see it. Severus has a purple bruse on his eye. Surrounding his freaking eye. It looks awful.

"Sev!"

He puts the glasses back 

"Don't say anything, okay?"

Severus' father is a monster. Is not the first time that he hits him. He usually hits his mother as well. I feel so bad for him. I want him to do something. To go to the police, stop him. But he doesn't want to. He doesn't listen to me. 

"Sev! Tell me what happened" 

I have tears in my eyes now. Sev shakes his head. I take his hand. Reassuring him. 

"He was yelling at her. My mom. And I couldn't stand it anymore Lils. I couldn't" I hug him tightly. 

He shakes a bit. I can tell he is crying. It brakes my heart. 

"You need to do something Sev"

"Lily don't"

"But..." 

"What do you think I should do? Mmm?" Severus yells "I bloody tried and look what he has done to me" he says pointing to himself. 

And I start crying.

"But maybe the police..."

"No! They wouldn't believe me"

"But Sev..."

 "LILY STOP!" I jump "You don't know what is like. Your parents are..."

Dead. That's what he wanted to say. Sometimes Sev can be mean. I stand up willing to leave with Dudley. 

"Lily! I'm sorry!" Severus cries behind me. And I stop with tears on my eyes 

"Please I'm really pissed. Lily, you're the only thing I have"

I turn and sit back.

 "I'm just trying to help you" 

Sev wipes the tears on my cheeks. 

"Thank you Lils" he smiles slightly. 

"Oi! Snape!" a tall lad with a hoodie was calling Sev behind the grid.

"Who is that?" I ask

"I'll be right back" he says as he goes towards him. 

Dudley come to me with some random flowers.

"Fo' Leeely" he says.

 I smile. I extend my hand.

"No!" he wants to put them on my hair. 

While he does that I get a glimpse of Sev and the bloke. They don't seem friendly but they chat and carefully exchange something. Shut! Severus is selling drugs.