Regulus

"Thanks Mr. Black. That would be all" 

I'm tired of answering questions. Remembering events. The social worker is here. She is helping the Potter's with the whole guardian process. Meaning my legal tutors would be Mr. and Mrs. Potter. They don't do that with Sirius because he will be off age in a few months. 

"Are you sending my parents to jail?" I ask. The lady laughs. I didn't tell her all the truth. I sugared many things about my parents. I don't want them to get in trouble. And I don't want people to be sorry for me and my brother. 

"No" she says smiling "That's not my purpose. Mine is making Mr. and Mrs. Potter your legal guardians until you turn 18"

We get out of the room and The Potter's accompany the social worker outside.

"How did it go?" Sirius asks. Horrible. I hated it. I feel stupid. And I can believe someone would want to be my guardian. 

"Fine" I lie 

"Nice" says James "Then we will be officially brothers" 

I've been trying to see James as a brother rather than something else. Now that it would be legally true I really need to forget about him. I sigh nodding.

"Awww! My baby Reggie" Sirius kisses my head "I'm so proud of you!" 

"Gettoff!!" I protest. 

"C'mon" says James smiling "We need to get ready for the party" 

The end of classes comes with the Goodbye Hogwarts Party before summer. Organized by the Carrow Twins. Evey year they do the same. I don't feel like celebrating and I hate parties but James and Sirius drag me along. 

I try to act normal among drunk and hormonal teenagers. 

"Heeeyaa mate!" Barty comes towards me. He looks rather sad. 

"Are you okay Barty?" I ask 

He shakes his head "My dad found all the drug business"

"What? How?" 

"Don't know" he answers looking down "He was pissed, mate. He said I'm not gonna continue at Hogwarts" 

"What?" I ask even more shocked.

"I'm going to a bloody reformatory next week" 

"Shit Barty" I protest 

"I know" 

We stay in silence for a while.

"It's fine Reg" he continues "I'm probably getting out there in a year or so. That shit is expensive and father wouldn't want to pay that" he sighs "Besides I heard there are some hot girls there. Willing to shag anything that moves" he smiles

I smile back. He is an idiot. "I'm gonna miss you mate. Who I'm gonna hang out with?"

"I'm pretty sure you'll find someone" 

I hug him. Barty is a bloody wanker sometimes. But he is not a bad person. And he has been my only friend for years. 

"I gotta go" he says with tears "I have to start packing"

"Are you crying Barty?" 

"Shut up. Don't you ruin my reputation among the babes, alright?" 

"Sure, wanker" Now I have tears in my eyes. I hug him again and then he leaves.  

Later that night, I see Peter and Emmeline talking with each other in a corner. 

"Hey Peter!" I greet him "How's therapy going?" 

He smiles "Fine. I guess" he says "I do what can" 

"He is very brave" Emmeline says smiling to him. He blushes. "You are very cooperative Pete. I really admire you" 

"Well" he says "I would've have done it without you. I mean you're like my personal angel. You make sure I eat and I don't miss anything" 

"Well of course, Pete. You deserve it" she blushes. 

I think these two are flirting and I get uncomfortable. I sip my drink awkwardly.

"Oi!" Emmeline says "I love this song!" And he drags Peter to dance. Him smiling like a fool. Thank God! 

I better go to sit down with James. Who is sitting alone by the pool. Sirius and Remus are dancing. I sit next to him. And I see him looking at Evans. They been kind of separated. James was really angry 'cause she sometimes defends her friend. They keep fighting and making up. Honestly I don't know what is up with them. 

"Is everything okay?" I ask him 

He sighs "I don't know honestly" he says "She's the most bloody complicated bird in the world, Reggie" he takes a sip "I think she is helping Snivellus, her friend, which she knows pisses me off. And then she says she loves me, but I don't bloody know" he sighs again. I don't know what to say actually. He just looks miserable and I hate seeing him like that, eventhough I wish he didn't fancy Evans. 

Speaking of the Devil, she walks towards us. 

"Hi Regulus" she says and I wave. "James can we talk?" 

"I'm actually busy, talking with Reg" he says angrily.

"I...I should probably go" James stops me.

"No. You stay here" Shit. 

Evans gets kind of angry "You know, Potter? I was actually going to apologise" she grunts "But you know what? Forget it"

"Oh yeah?" James says "Your apologies always end up in screaming from both of us. So no thank you" 

"You're an arrogant toerag" she continues "With your stupid hair"

"Oh yeah?"

"Yeah" she says "If you would've let me apologise, I would've have said that I stopped talking to Severus because he doesn't like you. And I do" Evans was talking fast "I would've said that I'm really sorry for treating you so badly. That I really like you. I mean like you, like you. That I want to be your proper girlfriend, and hold hands and all that stupid bullshit couples do" she sighs "That's what I would've said"

James looks at her "But your too stupid to realize.." but he grabs her face and they kiss. 

I stand up and I leave. Give them some privacy. I feel really stupid. James likes Evans and that's not going to chance. As I walk by the party I see my brother kissing Remus and Peter is actually kissing Emmeline. And Barty is kissing some random bird I don't know. And I feel kind of lonely. I go outside to smoke a cig. I'm really fond of them. They kind of relax me. I love watching the smoke mixing with the clouds. I sigh.

Suddenly I hear screaming from inside and I go to see what it is. I see that kid Mulciber grabbing Peter by his shirt. 

"Leave my girl alone, you fucking wanker!" he sounds drunk. 

"Nick stop it. You're bloody drunk" Emmeline says. 

I go there to stop it. I push him "Leave him alone" 

"Who the fuck are you?" he asks

"Oi! Leave my brother and my friend alone" Sirius steps in front of me. He is with Remus. 

"Yeah you better walk away" James also puts himself in front of us. He is with Evans.

Mulciber looks furious. But he leaves. 

"Are you okay?" I ask Peter 

"Yeah!" he says.

We all look at each other and we start laughing. And I feel like I have really good friends. It's going to be a good summer with them.