Remus

Children are not my thing. I know that most people find them adorable and kissable. I just feel awkward around them.

I'm currently watching my baby sister playing with some old shoe. I reckon is my father's. Seriously children find weird toys sometimes. Her name is Sophie and she looks like Sally. Good for her, my dad is not very good looking. 

"Isn't she adorable?" Dora says. She makes faces to my sister and the baby laughs. 

"Sure I guess" 

I just can't believe this baby is my sister. I can't believe my dad had another child. He shouldn't be allowed around children, even worse have one. I'm just afraid he would do something as bad to Sophie as he did to me. Those marks stick with you forever. 

"Thank for watching her tonight" Dad says.

Him and Sally look elegant. They have a birthday party or something. So I'm watching over Sophie. And Dora volunteered to join. She loves kids. 

"Yeah whatever"

"All the instructions are on the kitchen, I reckon she would fall asleep soon" Sally suggests.

"No problem Sally" Dora says smiling. I just simply roll my eyes. 

"Remus, a word?" Dad says. He goes to the hall and I follow him. Leaving the women with the baby. 

"Listen" he whispers "I just want to let you know, I won't drink tonight. So don't worry" 

"Good" I answer "Or Sally might get a scratch or something"

Sometimes I'm too cruel with him. But I reckon he deserves it. 

"Remus" dad sighs "How many times do I have to tell you I'm sorry?" 

"Sorry doesn't fix anything" I say crossing my arms "I just hope you won't do the same with Sophie" 

"I know I made many mistakes with you" he says rather sad "But I love you. You are my son. My first and only son" 

He has tears in his eyes. And he hugs me. Which caughts me off guard. I don't know what to do. I just stay still. I'm sure I loved my father once. I'm sure I still do. But everytime I look at him I remember what hideous I am. What he did to me. 

"Don't you have to go now?" I ask

He sighs "Yeah" he turns around "Let's go honey" 

I watch them leave. Sally smiles at me on the way out. 

Is just me and Dora now. And Sophie I reckon, but she is a baby. You have no idea all the chaos in my brain that Dora left when she went to Sydney. Even a messier chaos when she returned. I mean I was falling deep with Sirius. And then Dora brought back everything I felt for her. So I didn't know what to do or think. Sirius noticed. He got angry and jelaous. I don't blame him. I spend too much time with Dora. But I can't simply just shut her out of my life. 

All the moments alone are awkward. We only talk about the past. When we were in love. When I thought I was gonna marry her. I would still marry her. If it wasn't for Sirius. My Padfoot. 

I watch as Dora pace with Sophie around the room. She is smiling like a fool. I smile at the sight. I reckon she would be a good mother. I don't know if I would be a good father. 

"She fell asleep" Dora says in adoration. And she places the baby on the bed. Then she sits next to me. 

"I want that" she says "Being a mother you know" 

Shit. Now I feel awkward. 

"I reckon you would be good" 

"Really?"