Frank

My wife is sleeping. Oh shit! My bloody wife. I think I'm living a dream. And I'm scared of waking up. I can believe Alice accepted to marry me. Specially since her parents didn't accept me. I saw how Roger screamed in rage. And he said that Alice is not his daughter anymore. Fuck. I can't believe she left everything for me. Uni, her family. I don't deserve her honestly.

We've been living on a flat I rented with my savings. For now. I promised myself to find a decent job. And buy her a house. The house she deserves. 

She moves in her sleep. Naked and beautiful. I smile. 

Al opens her eyes slowly. 

"Good morning Mrs. Longbottom" I love calling her that. She has my name now. She is mine. 

She smiles "Mr. Longbottom" I love that. How we belong to each other now. I kiss her slowly.

"Mmm. What time is it?" she asks in a sleepy voice.

"Mmm. 9:30" I say 

"Shit. I have to go to work" 

Alice got a job on a restaurant. As a waitress. Her father left her without nothing. So she said she was going to work to apply to Uni next semester. I hate that. I hate that it is because of me. She had a future before. But she chose me.

"Don't" I say hugging her "Please stay with me" 

"I'd love to" she says smiling "But I can't" 

I smile looking at my wife.

"What did I do to deserve you?" she kisses me

"I'm the lucky one" she says. No she isn't. 

I kiss her more putting myself in top of her. 

"Frank" she laughs "I'm gonna be late" 

"You can be ten minutes late" I say smirking

"Ten minutes only?" she asks "What did I get myself into?" 

I laugh "Too late. You're my wife now" she laughs.

I cover ourselves with the covers and I kiss my wife everywhere.

I keep working at the Leaky Cauldron. My parents had done everything to support my wedding with Alice, eventhough they don't have much. I love them. Is Halloween today, so The Leaky Cauldron is slightly decorated. 

I was preparing some coffees when I see him come in. Expensive black suit, black glasses. Roger. He looks around with disgust. I go pale. He approaches me. 

"Good morning Frank" he says 

"Mr. Forstescue" I say with hate "Would go like some coffee? What can I offer you? The pumpkin pie is pretty good"

"Do you think we can talk?" he says ignoring me.

"I'm currently working, sir. I can't" 

"It would only take a minute" he says "I'm pretty sure your clients would survive without you" 

I sit down with him. I wait for him to talk. He takes out a cigarette and lights it. 

"I'm worried about Alice" he says "How is she?"

What a bloody wanker. I try really hard not to punch him. Right here and now.

"Now you care about her?" I say "After you missed her wedding?" 

He smiles "So where are you living? A poor, nasty place, I reckon?"

"We are perfectly fine" 

"Is she working now?" he continues "Poor Alice, she haven't moved a finger in her live. Now she has to work?" 

I don't say anything.

"Tell me Frank, don't you feel bad about it?" he says "That she gave up so much for you?" 

I know. I've thinking about it non stop since we got married. And I feel so bloody guilty.

"Just think about it" he continues "She would be in America right now. Enjoying with her new friends. What a pity"

I have a knot on my throat. 

"Is that all, sir?" I say "I can assure you Alice is fine. Perhaps you should call her. I can give our number" 

"Oh, I'm sure. But she could be better don't you agree?" 

Shit. He is right. "I have to go back to work sir" I say.

"Of course" he says standing up "I won't take more of your time. I'm sure your job is valuable"

And without anymore words, he leaves. I'm shaking of anger. Not at him. At myself for doing this to Alice.

There's a Halloween party at the Potter's. And Alice and I are invited. I've been in a terrible mood since I spoke with Roger. I didn't tell Alice about it. I don't want to worry her. I don't want her to realize the terrible mistake she has done, marrying me. 

I dressed up as Batman for the party. And Alice is dressed as Batgirl. Power couple. Not that much. 

As we step into the party Alice grabs my hand "Are you okay?" I nod. But I'm not okay. 

"I'm grabbing a drink" I say "Want anything?" she shakes her head.

I go to grab a drink. I want to get bloody drunk. 

"Oi! Batman" I see Sirius and Remus coming towards me. "How's life married to Batgirl?" Sirius asks 

"A dream" I say. But I'm not sure it is for her. "What are you dressed us?" I ask him. He has kind of a lighting drawn on his face. And he is wearing black with his leather jacket on. 

"David Bowie" he says as if it was the most obvious thing. "Famous rock star? Moony!" he tells Remus "Can you believe he doesn't know Bowie?" 

Remus smiles "Bowie is only ours Pads" 

"So what are you dressed as?" I ask him seeing he is only wearing a brown t-shirt and jeans. 

He takes out a wolf mask and puts it on "A Werewolf"

Sirius smiles "Get it? He is my Moon and werewolves howl at the moon?" 

I smile "Yeah I get it" 

Three, four, five glasses of alcohol. I'm getting dizzy but I don't care. 

I dance with Alice and I keep drinking. 

I hear a laughter and I look around to see Lily Evans. She looks so drunk. She can't stay still. James is trying to hold her.

"Boggeroff Potter!" she says "I can walk b' mysel'f" but she stumbles around. "Let's get you some water beautiful" James looks at her with adoration.

"Lov' ya Potter. Ya know that, righ'?" she hungs herself on James.

I guess she is trying to forget something. Just like me. 

I'm bloody drunk. I'm so dizzy that I lay my body on Alice. She is so tiny that she can't take my weight. 

"Baby" she whispers in my ear "Let's sit you down" 

She drags me to a sofa and lays me down. 

"Al, Al" I say "I lov' ya. I'm sorry. M' really sorry" I'm sorry for ruining your life. 

"Okay love" she says "Just sobber up so we can go home" she kisses my forehead. 

Lying there I see a bunch of people passing by. Bunch of couples snogging. I slightly hear Sirius' brother's voice "Would you stop following me Charles?" 

"Whatever you say Regulus" another bloke says laughing. 

With my sight blurry I see a bloke I don't know, talking with Alice. My Alice. Who the fuck does he think he is? I stand up slowly. Everything around me is spinning but I don't bloody care. I go towards them. 

"He'. Ge' away from m' wife"

And I punch him making lots of people gasp. I feel arms grabbing me. I reckon they are James'. I see the bloke on the floor and Alice looks at me scared. And she is the last thing I see before I pass out.