Dorcas

Exams got me stressed. I have to focus on that before graduating. I mean I don't have volley anymore. I don't have a scholarship. So I have to work harder to get into Uni. My parents would kill me if I don't get in. Besides that, I'm stressed out because of Marly. She got into Cambridge. That bloody dork. She wants to study Medicine for her mom. I love her. But that means we will not see each other as often. She will probably get Uni friends and forget about me altogether?

I squeeze her hand as we walk by the park.  Moments like these are the ones I don't want to loose in the future.

"Promise babe you will never forget about me" I say

Marlene looks at me puzzled.

"What are you talking about?" 

"When you go to Uni" I say "You will probably prefer your new friends over me. You're are so pretty, so you will have vultures around you all the time" I feel rage at the thought. 

Marlene laughs "That would never happen, okay?" She stops walking and I stop as well. "I don't think I can ever stop loving you, Dorki. No matter what happens in the future and how many vultures I meet" 

She smiles at me and I smile back. I kiss her. I don't care there might be people around. I don't care what anyone says. I'm in love with this girl. 

"So, you wanna go to snog in my room?" I ask smirking.

"Loved to, but I promised Peter I was going to see him later today. Want to come with me?" 

"Arrg!" I protest. Marlene and Peter spend too much time together. I mean they kind of understand each other. She helps him with his problem. But I can't avoid to be jelaous. 

"You spend more time with him than me" I make a pout.

"Dorcas, he got shot. He almost die" 

I know and I feel bad about that. Peter is actually very strong. Even if he doesn't seem like it. Risking his life for someone he bearly knows. I could never do that. Well for Marly yes. I'd die for Marlene.

"And he is dating Emmeline" Marly continues.

"I know" 

"They are cute together" she says "And I have a girlfriend. A girl that I am in love with?" 

"You are in love with me?" I ask carefully

"Who said I was talking about you?" She asks sarcastically. 

I laugh and kiss her again. 

"Okay. Go and visit him" 

"Are you sure you don't want to come with me?" 

I shake my head "You know how awkward I get in those situations" 

"What situations?" 

"The 'Got shot and almost died' ones?" I say "Besides I want to practice volley for a bit" 

I know I haven't been playing professionally, but I have. At least by myself. Or with one of my brothers. Or Marly. I'm sorry I can't leave it. 

"Okay" Marly says.

She kisses me goodbye and leaves towards Peter. 

"Say hi from me" I yell "And that I hope he gets better or something" 

Marlene waves goodbye and disappears down the corner.

Volley is so relaxing. It clears my head. It instantly makes me feel better. I feel blood running through my veins. I feel alive.