Regulus

I can't believe how bloody stupid is life. At first I wasn't sure about moving in with the Potters. My brother loved them. But they were practically strangers to me. But over time, I grew attached to them. I've never considered them as parents, like perhaps Sirius did. I still kind of miss mother. (Only mother, not father). But it is so sad to know Mr. Potter is going to die. 

James is angry. He is pissed all the time. Though we know he is suffering. I want to be there for him but he  pushes me away. I still love him. As a bother now, but I still do.

Mrs. Potter is very sad all the time, trying to help her husband in all she can.

And Sirius. Sirius blows off steam the only way he can: Drinking, smoking, not sharing his feelings with anyone. 

I saw him and Remus discussing the other day. Something about Remus' ex. 

Remus left crying. After that Sirius hit everything he could and he cried on my shoulder.

"Everybody leaves me Reggie" he said  "Please not you" 

I didn't know what to say. I just hold him against me. 

It's been weeks since that. 

I've been working at Madam Puddifoot's more to forget about everything. I'm grateful to her. She has been very nice to me. 

And there's Charles. That boy seems from a different planet. He is so weird. He is the opposite of me. Joyful, happy optimistic. I'm bitter, grumpy and negative. I don't see how we can get along. But he insists. I'm probably gonna deny this but I quite like it. I feel accepted and loved. I caught myself thinking about Charles the other day. I felt so lonely after I cried one night in my room, and I just had the urgency to call him. Just to hear his stupid voice, talking about silly stuff. I didn't call him though. 

I'm in the cashier today. And it is not my day. I can't make it work. A costumer lady is impacient in front of me.

"What is it?" she asks annoyed.

"Just one second" 

"I don't have all day boy" I'm starting to get pissed. I remember how to aunt Druella used to say things like that. I hate aunt Druella. 

"I can't believe they would hire someone so incompetent here" she mutters "I thought Madame Puddifoot knew better" 

I'm not usually explosive. Sirius is. But lately I've been wanting to kill everyone. 

"LISTEN LADY..." 

"It's okay Miss" Charles comes to my rescue. He has a big smile on his face. Like always. I don't know how he does it. "I can help you with that" 

"Terrible service service. I tell you" the lady says pissed.

"Sorry ma'am" Charles smiles.

I want to hit the lady with her own purse. Fat cow.

Charles gestures me to leave. 

I go outside. 

"Aaaarggg!" I yell grabbing my head.

Shit. I don't know why my temper is so bad these days. I guess is a mixture of everything. My parents, Sirius, James, Mr. and Mrs. Potter. I even miss Barty a lot. Hogwarts is not Hogwarts without him.

I sit down on the side walk, breathing hard. Head between my knees. 

After a while, I feel Charles sitting down next to me. I know is him because of his mint tea scent. 

He doesn't say anything for a while. And I don't face him.

"Don't worry" he finally speaks "Mrs. Rotherfiled is a pain in an ass. Nobody likes her"