Lily

It broke my heart to watch James so sad at his father's funeral. Since then he's been absent, not the goofy bloke I used to know (and love). He hasn't been attending to Hogwarts. I heard he is helping his mom with all she needs. I know that he pretends to be strong for his mother, for Sirius and Regulus. And he has been pushing me away. I reckon he doesn't want me to see him like that. 

I want to catch Remus after chemistry. But, since I'm Slughorn's favourite student, he holds me back. He says something about Unis. He wants to help me to get a scholarship, but honestly I don't care right now. I want to ask Remus about James. I haven't seen him for a while.

"Rem!" I catch him by the fountain. 

He smiles at me "Hi darling" he kisses my cheek. 

"Remmy, have you seen James? Have you heard something about him?" I sound really worried.

"No, sorry" he looks down "I haven't seen him. He didn't come to class" 

"Haven't you talk with Sirius?" 

He sighs "He is kind of angry with me" 

"Why?" 

"He thinks I'm gonna dump him and go back with Dora" 

"That's ridiculous. You would never do that, right?" 

He doesn't answer.

"Remus, you don't want to be with Tonks, do you?" 

He closes his eyes. "Of course not" he says. "I mean. I love Sirius but seeing Dora again brought back a lot of feelings" he sits down at the fountain "I don't know, it is complicated" 

I sit down and put my head on his shoulder.

"I know. I feel the same way about me and Severus" I say "I mean I fancy James but is complicated to just leave all with Sev behind" 

He kisses my head. 

"I reckon James wants to see you" he says

"Yeah?"

"Yeah. You just have to plan something for him, you know? To cheer him up" 

I kiss his cheek.

"Talk with Sirius. You two are beautiful together" 

He smiles but I can't tell he is confused. I like Tonks, but I want Remus and Sirius to end up together.

I plan a date for me and James. I want to make him feel better. I know how horrible it is to loose a parent. I lost both. But I want him to smile.

I borrowed my sister's car to pick up James. I see him coming out of his house. His hair as messy as always. He is so handsome. How much I've missed him. 

I get out of the car smiling.

"Prepare yourself for the best date ever James Potter" 

"Are you driving? Then is going to be the most dangerous date ever" 

I hit his arm "Oi! I drive perfectly, okay?" 

Lie. I sucked at the driving test. I don't know how I got my license. I haven't driven since then.

I open the door for him. 

"Come in my lady" I say

He smiles and gets in. I get in too and I start driving.

Down the road I'm freaking out. I'm afraid to go any faster. I listen how others beep and insult me. 

James laughs "You're too adorable"